• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Day James O'Barr

6 posts in this topic

I don't post often when I get new art, but in this case I felt the need to post about it.I had a deal in the works and with a bit of patience with international mail, it finally arrived today. I opened the package and was both thrilled and stunned. Thrilled to be able to get an original page from James O'Barr's The Crow. Stunned that the page looked so much better in person than the printed version did (this is usually the case, but with this one it was much more apparent). The details were better and clearer, not to mention the sense of emotion that was put into this art to begin with. The flashback to Eric and Shelly in better times is perfect. And I love the last panel with the Crow stating "You don't want to see this again, boy. Let's go...".

TheCrow2pg7JamesOBarr.jpg

(image taken from a pic as it was too big for me to scan)

As always views, comments, thoughts are welcome here or on my CAF page:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=46227

I've got a very nice published pinup from the original series — one of my favorites in fact — but I would love to have a nice story page. Unfortunately, the good stuff doesn't move around much.

That's the long way around of saying "nice piece." ;-)