• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1 GRR

11 posts in this topic

Nice corners.

What's going on to the left of the upper part of the "S" in "Spider-Man"? I can't tell whether it's a big stain, heavy wear or possibly tape residue.

Also, there appears to be a piece missing from the right edge of the URFC.

None of the above. The front cover has nice gloss. No defects outside of the small color breaks on the lateral most portion of the spine. I think it's a 8.5. Perhaps the scans are doing it an injustice.

I think that may be optimistic,there seems to be some kind of staining by the top staple.

Nice corners.

What's going on to the left of the upper part of the "S" in "Spider-Man"? I can't tell whether it's a big stain, heavy wear or possibly tape residue.

Also, there appears to be a piece missing from the right edge of the URFC.

None of the above. The front cover has nice gloss. No defects outside of the small color breaks on the lateral most portion of the spine. I think it's a 8.5. Perhaps the scans are doing it an injustice.

They don't look like typical scan artifacts. Please see the attached for what I'm referring to.

124654.jpg.e90b7bf49dabe06248b9bc397eb3ef9f.jpg

124655.jpg.0e1779b220eb8afb7ea09109fa41880a.jpg

I took the comic out and really looked at those areas. I'm not sure what the spine discoloration is, but def not a stain or tape residue. Its not as noticible live. The back cover is really more problematic than the front. I have magnification loupes and I cant figure out what the discoloration is. It looks more like a focal dust shadow than a stain, but in a very small shape. The upper right corner looks completely normal and that may be scanner artifact?

I took the comic out and really looked at those areas. I'm not sure what the spine discoloration is, but def not a stain or tape residue. Its not as noticible live. The back cover is really more problematic than the front. I have magnification loupes and I cant figure out what the discoloration is. It looks more like a focal dust shadow than a stain, but in a very small shape. The upper right corner looks completely normal and that may be scanner artifact?

That's good news.

Then I would think it's a solid 7.5.