• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 Show report

24 posts in this topic

Here is how my C2E2 show is starting off.

Still in NY

My Wall books shipped back 4/3 from Seattle are sitting in Farmingdale, NY at the UPS center to be delivered today.

Update - Boxes have been pulled off the truck which is a good thing and I will be picking them up this morning at the Farmingdale UPS location at 8:30 am.

They were supposed to be delivered yesterday and I would have been in Chicago today.

Reason for delay - Train derailment.

Supposedly my boxes are not damaged. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's taken 4 calls, spoke to a supervisor and also my UPS driver to tell them that I am picking up my boxes. Amazing how when UPS phucks up they stick to "rules" that I can't get my boxes. It's also amazing how useless tracking online is. Spoke to two agents yesterday who assured me I would have the boxes by end of day yesterday. At 4:00 status changed to today. They got upset by my profanity. Profanity is an understatement.

Between my shipping experience with my books coming back from London and this I frankly feel that they only good shipper is "ME". When UPS calls to ask why I don't use them exclusively I pity the person on the other end.

For my london experience back to the US I would like to personally thank the US customs agents who opened my boxes and don't know what direction up is when stuffing my books back in - It's no wonder why people hate New York.

What's even more amazing is that people handle merchandise with no respect of it's contents. I would love to meet the guy who handled my merchandise, go to their house and start throwing their stuff around. Better yet let me charge you to do it.

If you are looking for "Happy" bob this weekend reread this post.

Thank you for your understanding

I would request they drive the books to you, at a convenient location for you, otherwise you take the story to the same media consortium that has been reporting the same sorry excuses since 2008.

If you can swing it, have a video camera in-hand.

After doing some quick digging, I'd concentrate on getting your books back in pre-shipment condition before escalating this matter.

Suffice it to say that the web-based evidence alone seems to suggest far too disturbing a recurring event for them to have gotten away with this excuse for delays for as long as they have.

Wow, sorry to hear that.

I avoid UPS for many reasons (no personal offence meant to any UPS workers).

Fed Ex has never failed me, including turning around shipments mid stream when they were mistakenly sent elsewhere.

Good luck.

(thumbs u

To Bob: Really sorry to hear it. Really. You're one of the best dealers around in so many ways, so karma this ain't. (Unless you know something I don't. :devil:).

To UPS: You made Bad Bob mad? I pity you, foolish lackbrains.

Dan

Sounds like a good day to send Bob a couple of dozen lowball bids through this website. :shy:

Seriously, its stuff like this that makes me respect the convention going dealers all the more for everything they have to endure. What utter nonsense.

:news:

I just talked to Bob he got his books safe & sound, and is on his way to Chicago as we speak.

Things should be okay now. :)