• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spec. Sp-M #14 & F.F. #513

2 posts in this topic

Just read...

Spec. Spider-Man #14 with Paolo Rivera painted art and written by Paul Jenkins. Pretty damn good. The artwork was different and great, especially with Morbius as the guest-baddie. It's also nice to see 160 pound Peter Parker in costume without the freaking bulging muscles ala ASM #509 courtesy of Mike Deodato Jr.. Paul Jenkins writes a very good thoughtful story. Don't know much about him but I'll keep an eye out for his name.

Also read...

Fantastic Four #513. I thought Waid was good? I mean, I read his Capt. America stuff and thought it was good but this FF issue, along with issue #511 and the -script to issue #60 (posted on Scryptic Studios) made me think an 8 year old would think it too kiddie-ish. The Thing and Johnny Storm asking over and over "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?" and then the exchange about a spilled Coke? These two have been written before as being on the silly side but...geez. The art, well, the Human Torch looks like he's six, I couldn't tell him from Franklin Richards and I don't think Franklin Richards was even in the issue. Maybe Marvel asked them to cater to a younger audience?

CRC

Spec. Spider-Man #14 with Paolo Rivera painted art and written by Paul Jenkins.

Haven't seen any work by Paolo Rivera, but he has to be a step up from the horrible stuff done by Huberto Ramos. Thos huge feet... crazy.gif

Anyone got some scans of Rivera's painted artwork they could post? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif