• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayers beware! trdrjon1 ships slabs in envelopes with no protection!

28 posts in this topic

Took one for the team and letting you all know about this seller so you can be aware! - Gary

Ebay ID: trdrjon1

Trader Jon's online http://stores.ebay.com/Trader-Jons-Online?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I bought a CGC book from this seller on ebay (luckily a low priced one), and received it today. He'd shipped it in the thin cardboard priority envelope with no padding or bubbles wrap (as if that would help anyway. As you can imagine, the back lower corner is cracked to hell.

Sent him this message via ebay:

I received the Swamp Thing book today, and I am very displeased. Due to the package being shipped in a thin envelope with no protection, the slab arrived cracked on the back, lower right corner. If the book was cracked before you shipped it, there was no way to tell from the picture and you did not disclose it in the auction description. (I can send you a pic, if you'd like)

I've been buying and selling CGC books online from various sellers for a long time, and you just can't ship these books this way.

So, can I return the book, or would it be easier for you to credit me the $10 it would cost for a reslabbing?

Please let me know your preference.

$10? You are asking for too little.

I got $40 from a seller for doing the same thing.

I wanted the money to reslab and for shipping to Sarasota as well as lunch for having to go into Manhattan and drop it off to CGC at the show two weeks ago.

$10? Charge him what it actually cost you.

I had a slab delivered to me once in a pizza box. Made it without cracking lol

:idea: I think I'm going to start hanging on to my digiorno boxes. lol

Give positive feedback if they scrape the pizza pieces off prior to packaging... :devil:

Why, oh, why do people ship slabs in this manner? :facepalm:

I offer it as an option in my listings. I offer medium priority boxes for 11$ and envelopes for 5$ with the disclaimer that an envelope isn't a smart idea and the buyer shouldn't be a cheap .

You would still be surprised how many people pick the 5$ option, I even have people ask if I'll just throw books into a regular bubble mailer like the kind you get at Walmart with no padding so they can save on shipping.

IMG_7794.jpg

The fool wrapped it in the light bubble wrap one layer thick and put it in a priority soft envelope. He did not even use cardboard.

You know... after looking at his message... he is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. "...with what I believed to be sufficient packaging."

Well to tell the truth... I believe him to be a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Plastic snaps and breaks. This is why we use these things called boxes. What makes it even more annoying is that he could have gotten a free box from the post office and they would have charged him the same amount in shipping as if he used the envelope since they were both used priority mail.

Like I said. He refunded me $40. Reslab fee, shipping fee to come back from Sarasota and lunch because I had to go to the city to drop it off at CGC. Luckily for him I have a monthly train pass otherwise I would have charged him transportation fees.

I am patient and understanding when it comes to human error and mistakes. I am ruthless when it comes to idiocy.

IMG_7794.jpg

The fool wrapped it in the light bubble wrap one layer thick and put it in a priority soft envelope. He did not even use cardboard.

You know... after looking at his message... he is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. "...with what I believed to be sufficient packaging."

I got one the same way. The seller sent two CGC books jammed into a plastic bubble mailer.

Somehow, these guys are always shocked when the books are damaged and you contact them. :tonofbricks:

return it and neg the out of the seller anyways.

It might be a book that was hard to find or was a great deal. Demand a partial refund. He did the right thing but $10 was too little. He neglected the return fees for one thing...

I just had my first slab damaged that I shipped out. Double boxed with 2 layers of small bubble and 4 wrapped layers of large bubble. USPS priority mail.

Customer emailed me and showed me pics. Looked like a animal tore through the outer box, ripped through the inner box and tore through all 8 layers of bubble to shatter the slab.

Sometimes things just happen. My guess is a forklift pierced it or a truck crushed it.

I just had my first slab damaged that I shipped out. Double boxed with 2 layers of small bubble and 4 wrapped layers of large bubble. USPS priority mail.

Customer emailed me and showed me pics. Looked like a animal tore through the outer box, ripped through the inner box and tore through all 8 layers of bubble to shatter the slab.

Sometimes things just happen. My guess is a forklift pierced it or a truck crushed it.

Very unfortunate. I hope the buyer was understanding. I mean, that sounds like an unreal amount of penetration into the package.