• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this look like Neal Adams?....

20 posts in this topic

I went to the Richmond show today,...and as usual Ed Sanderson was blowing out $3.00 books,...I came across this Young Romance book,....Am I imagining things or does this look like Neal Adams?....the cover arts not listed in the GCD,...my second guess would be Giordano,..I sometimes confuse the two of them.....

yr.jpg

Ask Greggy...

Greggy would have been in heaven,...this guy today had a full run of high grade DC romance,...as well as horror and war,....

confused-smiley-013.gif...I never really noticed them before so I don't know...this guy today just had boxes of them....the silver and early bronze ones had a lot of cool covers,....they started to get real bad towards the mid-late bronze ones though....

This one's been bugging me. Here's a guess: Someone named Jay Scott Pike did one sole example of super-hero work: the Dolphin 1-shot in Showcase. I remember the text page in that issue announced that Jay Scott Pike was a DC Romance artist. We never heard from him again in the super-hero genre.

Somewhat similar styles. What do you think? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1194_4_79.jpgyr.jpg

Im thinking it's Jack Sparling. I seem to remember he did the Dolphin cover too. If Im right, I think the similarity in inking style stems from both Neal's and Sparlings extensive background in syndicated strip work before comics. Most who worked in strips were encouraged to follow certain artists styles. Im no expert in thsi area, but Stan Drake was one of the most influential.

but its definitely not Adams......