• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Very cool! I talk about in my article the fact that for the most part many foreign variant collectors prefer the original art in some form.... but there are also those like yourself that appreciate the uniqueness and beauty of the original creations some of the foreign publishers chose to use instead. The Spanish publisher Edeciones Vertice being one publisher that did some really amazing covers that stand out amongst the rest as far as I am concerned..... great job! :applause:

These spanish Doctor Strange editions, however, are of a pretty variable quality. Some cover illustrations are fine, others not so much. There is more consistency – and quality – in the painted covers of the french LUG editions, IMO.

Edited by vaillant

(…) Most of the Frenche reprints were cover painted by Jean Frisano.

If you are interested by French reprints , you can check this website: http://www.comicsvf.com

Thanks for the informations, yakface. :)

If you are native french, may I ask you some informations about comics of the wartime period? I am familiar with a number of french classics, like Jacobs' or Hergé's, but know little of publications and titles of the 1930s and 1940s.

th_WitchingHour54Mexico_zpsc0ca36af.jpg[/url]

Hey Tim,

Im pretty sure you have the red Brazil Bats 232 yes?

do you want another one for $30???

I've got one coming but I don't have one at the moment. I might though. Got a link you can post in the PM thread?

not a link. A seller i talked to says he can get it...

Im not gonna go after it.

th_WitchingHour54Mexico_zpsc0ca36af.jpg[/url]

Hey Tim,

Im pretty sure you have the red Brazil Bats 232 yes?

do you want another one for $30???

I've got one coming but I don't have one at the moment. I might though. Got a link you can post in the PM thread?

not a link. A seller i talked to says he can get it...

Im not gonna go after it. I'll probably hold off for the time being. I don't know if I need multiple copies.

I do but pretty much just the Adams issues. That last one you linked is cool, looks like it reprints Weird Western Tales 29. I do love some Jonah Hex.

Only missing the versions Thai and Mexico...well, that i know...and i wouldnt be surpised if someone here knows of another

BRAZIL, GERMANY, FINLAND, NETHERLANDS, US

2013-02-13_17-02-17_680_zpsa7116f83.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few more. The McFarlane Spideys seem to be reprinted in a lot of countries. There very well may be as many 328s as there are 298 & 300s.

Only missing the versions Thai and Mexico...well, that i know...and i wouldnt be surpised if someone here knows of another

BRAZIL, GERMANY, FINLAND, NETHERLANDS, US

2013-02-13_17-02-17_680_zpsa7116f83.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few more. The McFarlane Spideys seem to be reprinted in a lot of countries. There very well may be as many 328s as there are 298 & 300s.

Holy Radioactive Spider-s-h-i-t Tim I hope you are wrong...Ive searched the databases and only have discovered the Thai which is not in a database...

I feel like the Hulk here if there are 20 variants :(