• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

TOPOLINO Collezione ANAF 28-29-30-31 Italian edition

This is a collection published in the early 80's in Italy by ANAF (Associazione Nazionale Amici del Fumetto, in english National Association of Friends of Comics) and each copy was given to a member of the association, those were never sold in newstands or book stores, there is not even a price anywhere in the book.

Reprinting early strips by Gottfredson, for more details click HERE (God bless I.N.D.U.C.K.S.)

Limited to 800 copies, each copy is numbered (see pics).

Issue 28 is 199/800

Issue 29 is 110/800

Issue 30 is 178/800

Issue 31 is 199/800

They are huge, 24cmX34cm

The only flaw is a sticker mark on the back cover, lower right corner :pullhair:

albiilfumetto003.jpg

albiilfumetto007.jpg

albiilfumetto009.jpg

albiilfumetto011.jpg

albiilfumetto015.jpg

albiilfumetto016.jpg

Edited by marmat

Those are awesome, and from #13 onwards up to some point they all have exclusive Romano Scarpa covers (#33 has a sweet Luciano Bottaro cover – reprints "The Plumber's Helper" from 1938), drawn specifically for that edition. I think I have that one… :cloud9:

Those are beautiful!

Stumbled on these yeaterday.Bit bigger than a regular mag.Cool stuff inside like mini english lessons.I love them,but will be a pain in the arse to store..

Two more to come...

25992020-acbe-4a14-81ed-7361d4c5c9a4_zpsa494c5b7.jpg

Curious that those have Luca Poli covers. He is an italian artist/graphic designer but they never used them in Italy, as far as I know…

Can you point me in the direction of any more books he covered for?I really liked the last one I posteds art.Very much!.I had not heard of him before,was wondering if any info on him would spring up here.If you could find any and grant the time,I would like to see more of his art in any medium! :foryou:

your posts make me cry

from envy and joy!

And to think I've only been collecting foreign for a little over three years. Imagine what it would be like if I'd started sooner. I might cause you to have a nervous breakdown. lol

Curious that those have Luca Poli covers. He is an italian artist/graphic designer but they never used them in Italy, as far as I know…

Can you point me in the direction of any more books he covered for?I really liked the last one I posteds art.Very much!.I had not heard of him before,was wondering if any info on him would spring up here.If you could find any and grant the time,I would like to see more of his art in any medium! :foryou:

Try a Google search with "Luca Poli" and Marvel and Italia:

http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&q=%22Luca+Poli%22+marvel+italia&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=zj-jUc7eE7OQ7Aa-pIDIBA&biw=1657&bih=969&sei=0D-jUb2iAsqu7AbBmoD4CA#imgrc=_

Some work pops up, like this one:

A.jpg

th_FantasticFour1UnitedKingdom.jpg

:o

I Ggggggggggggot my eye on youuuu........ :hi:

I hear some grinding and non-oiled squeaking, it must be all those darn Planning cogs and gears inside my head... Sssslooowly starting to move ....they will soon be in full movement

I hear some grinding and non-oiled squeaking, it must be all those darn Planning cogs and gears inside my head... Sssslooowly starting to move ....they will soon be in full movement

:roflmao:

You don't even want to know what I ended up paying for that one. :ohnoez: It's one of the two copies I've seen for sale and the other one was in a set that a guy had with the FF 1-6 issues but he wouldn't break them up. I still can't seem to find #s 3,4 & 6. :(

:roflmao:

You don't even want to know what I ended up paying for that one. :ohnoez: It's one of the two copies I've seen for sale and the other one was in a set that a guy had with the FF 1-6 issues but he wouldn't break them up. I still can't seem to find #s 3,4 & 6. :(

Everyone has a breaking point....you will break like a twig....

The Sith will rise again