• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #97 CGC NM 9.4--Good deal for me?

25 posts in this topic

I'm a collector, so I'm not so worried about the "market." It's nice for me to get a reasonable deal for a hot comic. It's going into my collection where it will sit, cool and dry, for years.

V/R,

Mike

I wonder what you'll say when the typical summer slow down reverses in the fall? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This time of year has been slow in terms of prices realized for more common books for the last 2 years. Why would this change now?

I wonder what you'll say when the typical summer slow down reverses in the fall? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This time of year has been slow in terms of prices realized for more common books for the last 2 years. Why would this change now?

1. Two observations does not a statistically significant sample make. For example, prices weren't that hot in the fall of '01. In fact, I don't recall prices being all that hot in the fall of '02 after the Spidey movie hangover.

2. The comic world does not exist in a vacuum - changes are happening all the time, both within the hobby and outside of the hobby.