• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOOB QUESTION: Help a duder out re: sketch witnessing

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys-- Just prefacing this with the fact that I completely know it's a noob question so bare with me.

I have a sketch i'd like submitted for CGC SS. It'll most likely be done in time for pick up at an upcoming con.

Do i need to pick it up with a CGC rep? Is CGC even equipped to do that? Is it as easy as going to CGC's booth and saying, "hey, come walk with me to this guy's booth?"

HELP! :ohnoez:

How often is there a line? I'm sure the witness doesn't want to just stand around and wait for you to get to the front.

Do artists usually have a block of time when they're doing signatures?

Also, what kind of pens are ideal if you want to bring your own colors?

+1 that's it !!! ( you answer your own question :gossip: )

OK-- last questions. What if i want to chat with the artist after picking up the sketch. The witness doesn't have to stay, correct? That'd be a tad awkward...

The one signature I got myself I had to be the one to carry it back with me, then fill out the paperwork at the CGC booth. Obviously in this case you don't want to waste the witness's time.

+1 that's it !!! ( you answer your own question :gossip: )

OK-- last questions. What if i want to chat with the artist after picking up the sketch. The witness doesn't have to stay, correct? That'd be a tad awkward...

The one signature I got myself I had to be the one to carry it back with me, then fill out the paperwork at the CGC booth. Obviously in this case you don't want to waste the witness's time.

FINAL QUESTION. Say a comic creator submits a piece or commission blank they've completed directly to CGC. Do they authorize it? Especially if it's one of the bigger artists? Can they submit directly to DWC, or a similar authorized witness? Please keep me posted. Thanks so much, all!