• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic Expo 2012 posted by Zed Collector

5 posts in this topic

Pay money ($65 probably?), stand in line. Expect it to be a very long line.

Seriously.

Desert Wind I am guessing will be running the Stan Lee signings. Go see them right when the show opens, see if you need to buy a ticket ahead of time, and just follow their instructions.

Stan was at my local convention ( Dallas Comic Con ) last year and, as stated above, Desert Wind Comics was on site to coordinate all of Stan's signings as well as take all other submissions for CGC. At this event Stan was charging $50 per autograph (we had to buy autograph tickets in advance as they could and did sell out) and once you add in the CGC fees and Desert Wind Comics cut you could be paying $80+.

If I could give you my opinion/advice on having something signed by Stan:

1. Have him sign a book that contains a story he actually wrote. There are many to choose from and I really don't see the point of having him, or any comic creator, sign a book that he has no creative credits to (Editor does not count IMHO). I know, I must be in the minority, because there are examples all over ebay of books signed by Stan that he didn't work on. Granted, he did have a hand in creating some of the characters that he is signing books for, but I still feel that if he didn't write the story or pencil/ink a single panel he shouldn't sign it. The only exception to my rule is for actors/actresses that played a part in bringing the comic book to life on the silver screen. 2c

2. Put some serious thought into picking the book you are going to have signed and graded. If it is going to cost at least $80 to have something signed by him and graded make sure it is something you really, really, want signed. Buyer's remorse is never fun and you don't want to find yourself wishing you had him sign something different afterwards.

3. Keep signature placement in mind. Stan is notorious for scribbling his name across a perfectly beautiful cover with no thought to how it alters the "eye appeal" of the book. Direct him to where you would like the signature. I've seen beautiful silver age books where he has signed directly over the main characters chest or head! :facepalm:

Here is the one I had done:

Spectacular%2520Spider-Man%25201%2520%2528%252768%2529%2520-%2520CGC%25209.4%2520Sig%2520Series.JPG

I have something for Stan Lee to sign. Just looking into what all is involved to meet with Stan Lee and have him sign something that be turning 50 in August.

So, why the teaser photo? (shrug) Can we see a full scan of the AF 15 you plan on submitting?

Would love to see the whole book... :baiting: