• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCCOMICON 2012 - November 17th and 18th!!!

96 posts in this topic

Wally.................you da MAN!

^^

I am taking a stay'cation starting tonight to start pricing books this week.

I also am planning on making new signs and fixing the comic stands that

Bank's son made for me. He did a good job and it works, but the wooden

stand part is non-symmetrical when it should be symmetrical. The poor guy

made the stands with all left feet.

Anyway, if I can get a nice day I'll paint the wood as well.

I'm getting excited.

:headbang:

o.k. folks it's time to get real!

Here is the map off of 147hwy (Durham's main Hwy that splits the city in half)

#1 in the circle on the map: for folks that are traveling from the North side of Durham (from Charlotte or those that are coming off of 85/70) take the Chapel Hill Street Exit (I think it is exit 13) and take a left onto Chapel Hill and follow it on down past the bus station and under the train over pass to 5 points veer slightly left to stay straight on on Chapel Hill Street. The loading docks are on half way up the street past 5 points on the left (this is connected to the Convention center on the back side of the Marriott - the "Red Star" on the map)

#2 (in the circle on the map):for folks that are traveling from the South side of Durham (from Raleigh or those that are coming off of 40hwy) take the S. Duke Street Exit (I think it is exit 12) and veer right onto Duke St. on the 2nd stoplight take a right onto Chapel Hill and follow it on down past the bus station and under the train over pass to 5 points veer slightly left to stay straight on Chapel Hill Street. The loading docks are on half way up the street past 5 points on the left (this is connected to the Convention center on back side of the Marriott - the "Red Star" on the map)

131910.jpg

131911.jpg

and taking a look at the map the restaurant that we went to last year

(and are going to this year - Cuban Revolution) is just 4 blocks from the

convention center...

on the map the location is called "American Tobacco" and it just South West

of the Star on the bottom of the map.

:cloud9:

Great Times!!!

117308.jpg

NCCpic1.jpg

NCCpic2.jpg

Lucky for us there won't be any drive where road construction can give us

the grand tour of Durham - like last year...

:grin:

Good news guys! So I am currently up in NY helping out with the hurricane but will be heading home to Florida friday night.

Guess what ends up being my halfway point and rest stop spot! NC!! And what is the most relaxing thing you can do after driving ten hours? Go to a comiccon!!! Woot!

See you all on Sat.