• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Marvel Feature 2

52 posts in this topic

Just got the grade from Sarasota on this one. Bought it almost a year ago at a local show and it sat in my "probably oughta get that book slabbed" box until WonderCon. At the time I bought it, I sent scans to a couple forumites to see what they thought, and my grade on it was different from theirs. I am curious what the forum thinks...

Here's a nice size scan... and for those who feel like they need 2.6million pixels to get a grade, here's a link to an even bigger scan.

Back cover looks much like the front. No specific flaw that would drag it out of the generic "high grade" range. There is some staple rub as you can see, but no actual pokethrough.

mf2.jpg

9.2 if that is, indeed, a color-breaking crease on the right edge in one of the brown capes. Otherwise, 9.4. Either way, a beautiful book!

There is some staple rub as you can see, but no actual pokethrough.

Damn tease... sumo.gif

This way you get to be special... you get to be the first... cloud9.gif

Here's a nice size scan... and for those who feel like they need 2.6million pixels to get a grade, here's a link to an even bigger scan.

What's with the postage stamp scan? sumo.giftongue.gif

I was originally going to do one about 7 times that large, but it would have taken way to long to upload... foreheadslap.gif

I'd like to see how well people grade when staring at a scan that's 6 feet across... foreheadslap.gif

And BTW, at least one person has gotten the grade correct... And I am not surprised that the answers are all over the map... At the time I bought the book I showed it to two friends who can both grade and one said 9.0, the other said borderline 9.6-9.8... When last I saw them they were trying to figure out which one was Boog Powell... foreheadslap.gif

And BTW, at least one person has gotten the grade correct... And I am not surprised that the answers are all over the map...

Damn tease! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well I don't have the book back in hand yet... and this gives more people a chance to respond... thumbsup2.gif