• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Marvel Feature 2

52 posts in this topic

Does anyone NOT call and get their grades in advance? Out of about 10 multi-book submissions, I have sat pat only once. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Assuming the books submitted have even been graded, I have modern submissions from March I am waiting on. I think 'House mentioned he did call and get the grades, he is just waiting on the books form Sarasota.

I have sent in 4 or 5 submissions and only once did I get the grades ahead of time and that was using the special invoice thingie. Patience is a virtue. flowerred.gif

Does anyone NOT call and get their grades in advance? Out of about 10 multi-book submissions, I have sat pat only once. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK, so when will you tell us the grade on this one?

The only way to reveal the answer to a grading quiz is with a scan of the slab... so when I have a scan, I will reveal... thumbsup2.gif

Probably early next week since I am drowning my sorrows in Lake Erie tomorrow night... confused-smiley-013.gif

The only way to reveal the answer to a grading quiz is with a scan of the slab... so when I have a scan, I will reveal... thumbsup2.gif

Probably early next week since I am drowning my sorrows in Lake Erie tomorrow night... confused-smiley-013.gif

Lake Erie?

You in my area of the country today? confused.gif

Lake Erie?

Not quite, but close... I'll be landing in Cleveland tomorrow evening and staying til Sunday. Gonna see my best friend from high school get married on Saturday. thumbsup2.gif Wife's flying in Friday night, so I'll be solo for a couple days tearing up the Mistake By The Lake... thumbsup2.gif

And no, Senor Dunbar, the sorrows I will drown are not from the Marvel Feature 2... They are from being in Cleveland in the first place... foreheadslap.gifstooges.gif

Lake Erie?

Not quite, but close... I'll be landing in Cleveland tomorrow evening and staying til Sunday. Gonna see my best friend from high school get married on Saturday. thumbsup2.gif Wife's flying in Friday night, so I'll be solo for a couple days tearing up the Mistake By The Lake... thumbsup2.gif

And no, Senor Dunbar, the sorrows I will drown are not from the Marvel Feature 2... They are from being in Cleveland in the first place... foreheadslap.gifstooges.gif

Cleveland?

Ahhh...

You're on the other end of the Lake. smile.gif

Just saw this newly thread, newly released from 2 month old prison, and have to ask - what is with the small circular indent to the left and slightly above Hulk's tow on the left edge and the accompanying, hard to tell i yellow but looms like color breaking crease a bit below it?

Just saw this newly thread, newly released from 2 month old prison, and have to ask - what is with the small circular indent to the left and slightly above Hulk's tow on the left edge and the accompanying, hard to tell i yellow but looms like color breaking crease a bit below it?
It's an indentation on the cover. As if something had pressed down on the book to leave a mark.

It's an indentation on the cover. As if something had pressed down on the book to leave a mark.

OK - I was somewhat obtuse. Obviously it is an indentation. Question is, how does it impact the grade on our collective opinions? And also, while yellow is dashed hard to judge, the crease below the indent looks like color break.

So with that, I would guess 9.2 at best. Because it really is pretty!

So 'House what was the grade on this? Have you gotten it back yet? 'House? Hello? confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought for sure that the last post here was going to be a grade confused-smiley-013.gif Man, I don't even remember grading this one! (call me mr. short term memory) insane.gif

Pretty sure that is the result of the staple inside the cover used to hold these square-bound books together. On the graded DC 100-Page Super Spectaculars bound in a similar way, I've seen much worse staple effects still get what I thought were way too generous CGC grades.

Since I've recently been shown to be off on the low side in grading, I'll perhaps overcompensate and say 9.4, solid Near Mint. The staple effects are the only problems I can spot. confused-smiley-013.gif