• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from a raid in N.J.

24 posts in this topic

i've met the owners before and been to that store... the store is nice. But I'm a loyalist to JC Comics... still my favorite comic store. Met the owners though through Dan Veltre.

As you're from that area... do you remember A Comic Adventure in Somerville? Too bad what happened with that store.

Never been to the place in Somerville (what happened to it?)

I used to frequent JC's a lot more back when they had the store at the old location. No doubt a top notch CS too! Just thinking back in the day there were a lot more LCS's in this area, glad to see we still have the ones we like! thumbsup2.gif

Nothing all that tragic... but the deal was basically this... Chuck Esposito owned the store for years. Chuck was the nicest guy on the planet but he wasn't that business savvy. He had some good stuff walk into the store, but I always felt like he was strapped for cash. He eventually sold the store to a friend of Paul Litch's. The guy is pretty nice, but to be honest, the store is organized poorly and the prices just aren't in sync with... well... any sort of reality. It's dimly lit and the staff just isn't that knowledgable about comics.

The location just has soooo much potential.

You should go to JC sometime... they still have a great back issue selection and do carry (or at least submit) CGC books. Also, they are constantly buying new collections. Talk to Jeff -- he and I know each other real well (and I'm also friends with his brother, the principle owner) and they've got so many new books coming in, it's unreal... worth checking out.

I remember the old store... I cleaned out a bunch of the wall books and got some amazing deals -- that was the start of my relationship with that store... ever since, they are without question, my favorite store. they're always worth the drive to go check out.