• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading opinions on this Fantastic Four #56

10 posts in this topic

Curious about what other folks think about this:

FF56F.jpg

Other observations about the front cover:

- The dot of ink below Sue in the upper left price box bleeds through to just graze the first page (off of any art)

- Top red stain is distributor ink touching all covers and pages

- What you see is pretty much what you get (i.e. top and bottom spine dings, spine crease at top of top staple, two spine creases below price box - top one is larger - and one above LLC ding, rounding of LRC)

FF56B.jpg

Regarding the back:

- Stain on left side isn't as evident in person and looks like it came in contact with something damp rather than being damp itself (i.e. there doesn't seem to be any rippling)

- Browning of edges is a bit more pronounced on the interiors of both covers (they are still supple and not birttle); the interior pages are more towards off-white (possibly light cream) and are not darker around the edges.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

That looks like one of JH's books... I give it a 7.0, and maybe a 6.5 if that's a tear to LEBC. Also, I venture that the PQ is light tan at best.

Yep... JH (I saw you picked up some other nice FF's). I didn't find any tears, but I don't have the book in front of me to confirm/deny at the moment.

PQ was actually surprisingly good. While the cover interiors are edged in tan, the page color is decidedly on the Off-White/Tan border. However, I may be a bit biased after seeing the vividness of the interior inks (how I wish the Masterworks would instill the feeling of seeing nice color on newsprint).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

(how I wish the Masterworks would instill the feeling of seeing nice color on newsprint).

Yeah, I'd rather have the real thing (even in early reprints, e.g., Marvel CIC's) than Masterworks any day of the week! thumbsup2.gif