• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's the Love?

135 posts in this topic

All Nico is saying is respect your fellow posters. Its easy to say rude and disrespectful things in a forum when someone doesn't share your same opinion... but would you say the same thing if we were all in person in a room together?

Tell me about it when you have at least 10K posts noob. :baiting:

oakman are you by any chance gonna be at Wizard World Chicago this year? I want to buy you a beer sir to show you that some of us newbs do still respect our elders. :)

Oakman don't drink in Chicago without his personal physician with him, and I am a doctor, and I will be there. :banana:

You can drink on my behalf good doctor. (worship)

I don't drink unless you show up.

You guys going to be at SDCC? I'll buy a round or three. (worship)

Also how exactly does this thread fit into what Moderns is about?

I thought Nico you will only start threads on speculating on comics or on adding another Walking Dead thread to the 50 others already on here?

To get this back on subject folks lets talk about how to possibly make money off of showing some love, or in loving a zombie, um or something. (shrug)

Making money from loving is dirty. Even Nico wouldn't dare. (tsk)

All Nico is saying is respect your fellow posters. Its easy to say rude and disrespectful things in a forum when someone doesn't share your same opinion... but would you say the same thing if we were all in person in a room together?

oakman are you by any chance gonna be at Wizard World Chicago this year? I want to buy you a beer sir to show you that some of us newbs do still respect our elders. :)

Oakman don't drink in Chicago without his personal physician with him, and I am a doctor, and I will be there. :banana:

Couldn't get tickets for SDCC or I would be there. :sorry:

Hah! I read this post and KNEW it was oakman! Staying true to form my man!

Do I have a bad reputation?

I don't know what your rep is. Just sayin' I can spot an oakman post from the post itself. :)

Damn I was hoping for a bad rep,so I had a little street cred. :eyeroll:

As far as I'm concerned you have a bad rep. :sumo:

:whee: What was this thread about again?

About buying you a drink in California. :)

Damn! To the OP When your new here enjoy,learn,and have fun, but most of all get a thicker skin dude.Really we are just here to have fun so don't take anything to heart.Now

stfu_noob.jpg

Couldn't get tickets for SDCC or I would be there. :sorry:

I don't know what your rep is. Just sayin' I can spot an oakman post from the post itself. :)

If your going to San Diego.I'll buy you a drink,sure. (thumbs u

Booze. :cloud9:

I was inspired to post by a friend on the board who doesn't post anymore because countless snarky comicbook guy types have ruined the boards for him. I represent the bullied for a living as a trial attorney. I tend to avoid arguments I don't get paid to wage. This one is important. It is sad that a handful of people who got picked on their whole life have taken to abusing others via an anonymous msg board online when most of us just want to have neighborly conversations about comics. I don't know why anyone would count the number of days I've been a member of the community. ;) But apparently the community is pretty tight. As such, please try and be nice and refrain from making personal attacks and let people have the conversations they want without picking on them. That's all I'm asking. I think people can get behind that idea. It's basic.

What was asked of you and another person was to have a neighborly discussion about comics and not include speculating in the thread, to keep it in the 'heating up on eBay' thread.

When I have a conversation with my neighbor about anything I don't start discussing the numbers of cans Campbell's manufactures vs demand...I discuss if the soup is good or not...

Well to be honest most of us are not anonymous,in fact alot of us know each other from shows and forum dinners etc.I can say I have met nearly everyone on this board,at least the older members.

I was inspired to post by a friend on the board who doesn't post anymore because countless snarky comicbook guy types have ruined the boards for him.

Is Justin your friend?

I am quite sure you can see the dilemma. You claim countless boardies and when asked it comes down to a single boardie. You don't see how credibility may be an issue?

I have yet to see you avoid a single argument.

Assumption

Assumption

Assumption

Who was personally attacked?

Quite a few basic ideas have been floated but it seems only the basic ideas you like are the ones you suggest following. :taptaptap:

What was asked of you and another person was to have a neighborly discussion about comics and not include speculating in the thread, to keep it in the 'heating up on eBay' thread.

When I have a conversation with my neighbor about anything I don't start discussing the numbers of cans Campbell's manufactures vs demand...I discuss if the soup is good or not...

Seems basic.

All this talk of booze has me running down stairs to my bar and grabbing the worst ing wiskey on the shelf, Old Grand Dad. One shot and I have hair growing out of my eyeballs.

Well to be honest most of us are not anonymous,in fact alot of us know each other from shows and forum dinners etc.I can say I have met nearly everyone on this board,at least the older members.

And you still owe me a drink.

And you still owe me a drink.

Let's meet up in the Gaslamp district,there's a real cool piano bar there.I will have picked up my JIM 83 from GAtor,so I'll be happy as a clam to buy anything. lol