• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's the Love?

135 posts in this topic

Ah, I see it is.

Nico thread :cloud9:

Just like text messages always but a :) or a lol at the end and you can say what every you want

p.s. I hate all of you :foryou:

You should be nice to Hurley. He is frickin' big. Like a hairless sasquatch.

:roflmao:

And to think I'm the smallest in my family

Is this the thread where I can learn what formerly innocuous emoticons are now being used as passive-aggressive dickjabs?
Is this a thread where I can talk about how great the Walking Dead is since there are no other comic books published in the modern age?

I still can't believe no one's started a Walking Dead thread here yet.

Ah, I see it is.

Just like text messages always but a :) or a lol at the end and you can say what every you want

'Big' big, or a matter of perspective?

Sorry, sarcastic post in 'love' thread fixed.

Ah, I see it is.

'Big' big, or a matter of perspective?

Sorry, sarcastic post in 'love' thread fixed.

You should change your name to "ShortjokeClub"

These boards are probably the richest place online for comic book wisdom. I sympathize with the noobs, I have not been here very long and no one likes to be condescended to. I have also heard from people that have been turned off to posting by rude bahavior. However, in any field, people that have been around longer have heard and discussed common topics over and over (how do I press my books, what books should I buy now so I can retire in 10 years, where is a good market to sell my '90's x titles). These questions get old after a while and it is hard to have patience with padawans that are not willing to humble themselves and learn from the masters.

I troll these boards quite a bit and I haven't anything beyond expressed annoyance at certain behaviors, mostly aimed at Nico. I see that he feels frustrated. However, many of the posts of the more seasoned boardies contain pearls of great wisdom garnered through years of experience.

I think unity between the old guard and new blood is good for the hobby. A little more humility and thick skin from the noobs and a little more patience and gentle guidance from the masters would do wonders.

Flame on!

See now this is the way to ask for what you want.Empathy+sucking up+a little smack to say be nice= :foryou:

Humility and thick skin before patience and gentle guidance. :sumo:

These boards are probably the richest place online for comic book wisdom. I sympathize with the noobs, I have not been here very long and no one likes to be condescended to. I have also heard from people that have been turned off to posting by rude bahavior. However, in any field, people that have been around longer have heard and discussed common topics over and over (how do I press my books, what books should I buy now so I can retire in 10 years, where is a good market to sell my '90's x titles). These questions get old after a while and it is hard to have patience with padawans that are not willing to humble themselves and learn from the masters.

I troll these boards quite a bit and I haven't anything beyond expressed annoyance at certain behaviors, mostly aimed at Nico. I see that he feels frustrated. However, many of the posts of the more seasoned boardies contain pearls of great wisdom garnered through years of experience.

I think unity between the old guard and new blood is good for the hobby. A little more humility and thick skin from the noobs and a little more patience and gentle guidance from the masters would do wonders.

Flame on!

See now this is the way to ask for what you want.Empathy+sucking up+a little smack to say be nice= :foryou:

:applause:

Flame on!

(worship)

Ah, I see it is.

...and his brother is a kick-boxing master. (worship)

I'm a noob on the boards and never had a problem. Just read the selling rules before starting a thread there, made sure every purchase went smooth on my end, spoke more about the comic and not the value, and read more than I posted because I'm new to the hobby. Simple plan and I've only dealt with great, accommodating people.
You set a high enough gold standard for noobs! :applause:

Glad you are part of the family. :)