• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

I am much more excited about Harbinger, Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong ... it'll be interesting to see if others feel the same way. Obviously X-O is Valiant's flagship book, but I wonder if sales for the other titles will be even stronger? Only time will tell.

One thing that made Valiant stand out originally was the house style. The artwork stood in stark contrast to all the other stuff that was out at the time. To me this new stuff looks both in the art style and coloring like everything else on the racks. I tend to gravitate to books that give me something different.

I tend to gravitate to books that give me something different.

Like Cherry?

I'd never heard of it until the sales threads here. It looks like Archie with boobs. Creepy stuff.

I mostly meant artwork and storytelling with a definite and unique point of view. Whats the point of putting all these characters we love from an old universe into a generic looking modern realistic comic universe. Just seeing the old gang again is enough to make me pick up a few first issues, but it wont be enough to make me a subscriber.

I just wish they had pushed things further with the art and design to make it feel unique and cohesive across the line.

One thing that made Valiant stand out originally was the house style. The artwork stood in stark contrast to all the other stuff that was out at the time. To me this new stuff looks both in the art style and coloring like everything else on the racks. I tend to gravitate to books that give me something different.

Im with you on this. I love Cary Nords art but something about the coloring doesnt sit right with me.

On top of everything it sounds like theyll be printing the hell out of this issue. Great

Im with you on this. I love Cary Nords art but something about the coloring doesnt sit right with me.

On top of everything it sounds like theyll be printing the hell out of this issue. Great

But does it stop the majority of collectors from buying?

You should have seen the other night when one seller on the Valiant site posted a special sales thread for X-O #1. It was like someone had hypnotized everyone with the statement "Dump your money right here in my hand."

But does it stop the majority of collectors from buying?

You should have seen the other night when one seller on the Valiant site posted a special sales thread for X-O #1. It was like someone had hypnotized everyone with the statement "Dump your money right here in my hand."

Yea no doubt everyone is going to be buying it. Hell, Im buying it too. Just want them to capture the early Valiant glory & desirability

Great art, Great stories/ writing, and low print runs. :wishluck:

Yea no doubt everyone is going to be buying it. Hell, Im buying it too. Just want them to capture the early Valiant glory & desirability

Great art, Great stories/ writing, and low print runs. :wishluck:

Trust me - I understand exactly what you are talking about with the early Valiants. The simplicity of the artwork coupled with great stories made them something different. Every new comic was another fun adventure.

I miss that excitement with new comics. :(