• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

poor advertising to the unwashed masses.
I thought, compared to say, Image, that Valiant did a much better job advertising (from the QR poster, previews ad, etc)... guess I overestimated demand (shrug)

I will be in Saturday to pick up my two copies. Give it time and sales will pick up. The talent is there it may just take a few issues to get the word out. :)

Just read it and I enjoyed it. Will keep reading.

Will say I REALLY liked the Harbinger preview. I never read the original, but the preview seemed impressive. It has enough angst that I think the kids who were born post-Unity can appreciate it.

I thought, compared to say, Image, that Valiant did a much better job advertising (from the QR poster, previews ad, etc)... guess I overestimated demand (shrug)

I will be in Saturday to pick up my two copies. Give it time and sales will pick up. The talent is there it may just take a few issues to get the word out. :)

it did take me a month to sell out of saga and thief of thieves... But when epic kill and mind the gap sold out so fast today I guess I had hoped for the same with xo! FYI... I forgot when you were in the other day that i had gotten you a 1:20 variant lol if you want it, Just remind me!

Just read it and I enjoyed it. Will keep reading.

Will say I REALLY liked the Harbinger preview. I never read the original, but the preview seemed impressive. It has enough angst that I think the kids who were born post-Unity can appreciate it.

:roflmao: angst lol I'm afraid young people appear depressed because its trendy (or maybe it's a side effect of the lip rings and tight jeans). lol

it did take me a month to sell out of saga and thief of thieves... But when epic kill and mind the gap sold out so fast today I guess I had hoped for the same with xo! FYI... I forgot when you were in the other day that i had gotten you a 1:20 variant lol if you want it, Just remind me!

I'm really looking forward to Saturday now. :banana:

I hope sales pick up quickly, but even if it takes sometime I plan on being a loyal Valiant customer and look forward to buying my books from you.

having fun is the most important part (and paying the rent).
I will say we are very blessed to have a nice vintage comic (and formerly a bristling toy) business that pays our bills for us...affords me the ability to discount, give away, etc... :angel:

Golden age greatness,Marvel silver age keys, plus Walking Dead mania =

^^ formula.

you know my formula well (worship)

I find you to be very knowledgeable, and look forward to your Overstreet Price Guide market report. (thumbs u

We can say what we want about Alan Moore and Jim Shooter,but both have real strong loyal fans.

Demonstrably not true. What did the Dark Horse Jim Shooter Magnus and Solar books do two years ago, like 8-12K a piece?

Then let`s consider this a good start for Valiant, as 42 k is much better than 8-12K a piece. :cloud9:

Great podcast interview with X-O author Robert Venditti ... spoiler-heavy, must read X-O #1 first...

definitely shows how much planning Valiant is putting into the universe relaunch.

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/71/

Thanks for posting this Greg. I liked this issue a lot before talking to Robert, after talking to him, my appreciation of the book shot up through the roof!

Great podcast interview with X-O author Robert Venditti ... spoiler-heavy, must read X-O #1 first...

definitely shows how much planning Valiant is putting into the universe relaunch.

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/71/

Thanks for posting this Greg. I liked this issue a lot before talking to Robert, after talking to him, my appreciation of the book shot up through the roof!

Yes, author statements such as... a dozen prepared future plot lines are established in X-O #1...

make it an (eventually even more) amazing book for the universe.

I guess its too early to talk spoilers...but some of the stuff discussed in the podcast that people are super excited about were the things that I found annoying and silly...maybe it was the way it was expressed in the artwork that compounded a few things making the idea look silly as well.

I will give it another issue or two. You bastiches keep pulling me back in with your enthusiasm.

large (maybe 15) stack of the regular edition at the same lcs that had mtg....but no pull variant.

Which LCS? I thought you were a Dayton boy. I hit Maverick's and Bookery for the whiff.

I thought it was really interesting swords vs aliens ... I like it ! :) I assume it will lead up to present day times at some point though based on what very little I've read of the original series ... Does anyone know how long this one is going to last for ?.. Mini 1-6?.. on going if sales are well ????... I am thinking of putting it on order at my lcs but I hate books that die out by #15 or 20 lol I like long ongoing type stuff

I thought it was really interesting swords vs aliens ... I like it ! :) I assume it will lead up to present day times at some point though based on what very little I've read of the original series ... Does anyone know how long this one is going to last for ?.. Mini 1-6?.. on going if sales are well ????... I am thinking of putting it on order at my lcs but I hate books that die out by #15 or 20 lol I like long ongoing type stuff

This is ongoing most definitely. It's not going to be cancelled after a few issues. No chance. This is the start of a universe in this comic book. Put it on your sub as well as the other books and watch the world building by some fantastic writers coming up.