• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How have these comic boards been changing through the years?

125 posts in this topic

i was wondering if he was referencing you?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Now WHY would you think I meant HIM??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifsmirk.gifangel.gif

I sincerely hope you didn't think that you could pass that off as clever? confused.gif

You know what would be REALLY clever? An apology. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll apologize for him. MK, I am sorry about the false Hammer accusation.

Now F_F owes ME that apology. acclaim.gif

i was wondering if he was referencing you?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now WHY would you think I meant HIM??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifsmirk.gifangel.gif

I sincerely hope you didn't think that you could pass that off as clever? confused.gif

APOLOGIES ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE!

But now FF owes you an apology for your getting yelled at.

Hey, who is the lawyer here, me or you? 893naughty-thumb.gif And don't tell me "Wait three more years and then ask again" either. We both know you have too much sense to go to law school.

Hey, who is the lawyer here, me or you? 893naughty-thumb.gif And don't tell me "Wait three more years and then ask again" either. We both know you have too much sense to go to law school.

Oh we DO, do we?!?! Well, I'll show YOU a thing or two! :::enrolls:::

Holy [!@#%^&^], ive had dinner, done some homework, smoked about 3 cigarettes and chatted on the phone with my gal for about an hour.....and you guys are still at it. insane.gif

You "chatted on the phone" with your "gal" for about an HOUR?!?!? Either you're a teen girl, or you're Archie... and either way, I'm scared of you.

Oh we DO, do we?!?! Well, I'll show YOU a thing or two! :::enrolls:::

I'm gonna need the hip boots for this one....

Holy [!@#%^&^], ive had dinner, done some homework, smoked about 3 cigarettes and chatted on the phone with my gal for about an hour.....and you guys are still at it. insane.gif

You "chatted on the phone" with your "gal" for about an HOUR?!?!? Either you're a teen girl, or you're Archie... and either way, I'm scared of you.

foreheadslap.gif...umm, i meant that i umm....listened to her non-stop whining about this and that while pretending to give a [!@#%^&^]........better?

foreheadslap.gif...umm, i meant that i umm....listened to her non-stop whining about this and that while pretending to give a [!@#%^&^]........better?

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif By the way, I just emailed your "gal" a link to this thread.

She expects your resignation on her desk in the morning.

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif By the way, I just emailed your "gal" a link to this thread.

She expects your resignation on her desk in the morning.

sorry.gif

For you, I'd do it...but I'm afraid you'd just pass this one along to someone less deserving if I did give you one. blush.gif

For you, I'd do it...but I'm afraid you'd just pass this one along to someone less deserving if I did give you one. blush.gif

You'll never know unless you try. confused-smiley-013.gif

Besides, I already gave him an apology. I'm an apology short. If I gave him another apology then he'd owe ME an apology and wouldn't just be able to return the apology that I initially gave him (I don't have a return policy as good as Hammer's) and the cycle would be never ending.

"...umm, i meant that i umm....listened to her non-stop whining about this and that while pretending to give a [!@#%^&^]........better? " 27_laughing.gif

..been there.

Bronty, first comic guy on the boards, reporting for duty! You'll notice by my registration date and custom title cool.gif

Yeah.. they've changed a lot. The first few trivia contests had like six people enter. I won twice in the first ten weeks acclaim.gif ..and not a single time since sorry.gif

I remember the days when a 10 post thread was a conversation that took a week! I post the thread on Monday, first reply on tuesday, counterpoint wednesday, etc! insane.gif

Was much easier to fit into one's schedule sumo.gif ...and you could read every single post easily 893whatthe.gif

"...umm, i meant that i umm....listened to her non-stop whining about this and that while pretending to give a [!@#%^&^]........better? " 27_laughing.gif

..been there.

Bronty, first comic guy on the boards, reporting for duty! You'll notice by myregistration date and custom title cool.gif

Yeah.. they've changed a lot. The first few trivia contests had like six people enter. I won twice in the first ten weeks acclaim.gif ..and not a single time since sorry.gif

I remember the days when a 10 post thread was a conversation that took a week! I post the thread on Monday, first reply on tuesday, counterpoint wednesday, etc! insane.gif

Was much easier to fit into one's schedule sumo.gif ...and you could read every single post easily 893whatthe.gif

Then the rift raft joined! sumo.gif

Of course he's an endless troll, and I think you've caught at least SOME of that. There was a time here in early 2003 when the sympathy for Hammer around here closely resembled the kind he's currently garnering over on the CBG boards. Wanna guess who was here on the sidelines waving his pom-poms around as one of the head Hammer cheerleaders back then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif We butted heads over Hammer with frequency back then, and he decided to jump on the "{fill in anti-Hammer person's name here} is in bed with CGC" bandwagon whenever CGC came up as a topic. He picked up several "Hammerisms," and there have been several posts where I'm stunned at how much he sounds like him. shocked.gif

He also loves to climb up on the "you CGC collectors are inferior because you only care about covers and don't care about reading" high horse whether it's true of the person he's debating or not. Doesn't matter how many times you tell him the slab is an insurance cost to Silver/Gold collectors, he just refuses to empathize with people who collect differently than he does. I can forgive his stereotypes once or twice, but after the ninth or tenth time, it's just mindless trolling. sleeping.gif I can't count the number of esoteric grading debates he personally has turned into 80 posts of quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes of mostly graemlins. THAT'S merely annoying, but the unsolicited trolling has been much more than that.

I kinda like him, but he knows exactly when he's being an arse...and he gets off on it. I suppose that's fun for everyone ELSE to watch, though! crazy.gif

Of course he's an endless troll, and I think you've caught at least SOME of that. There was a time here in early 2003 when the sympathy for Hammer around here closely resembled the kind he's currently garnering over on the CBG boards. Wanna guess who was here on the sidelines waving his pom-poms around as one of the head Hammer cheerleaders back then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif We butted heads over Hammer with frequency back then, and he decided to jump on the "{fill in anti-Hammer person's name here} is in bed with CGC" bandwagon whenever CGC came up as a topic. He picked up several "Hammerisms," and there have been several posts where I'm stunned at how much he sounds like him. shocked.gif

He also loves to climb up on the "you CGC collectors are inferior because you only care about covers and don't care about reading" high horse whether it's true of the person he's debating or not. Doesn't matter how many times you tell him the slab is an insurance cost to Silver/Gold collectors, he just refuses to empathize with people who collect differently than he does. I can forgive his stereotypes once or twice, but after the ninth or tenth time, it's just mindless trolling. sleeping.gif I can't count the number of esoteric grading debates he personally has turned into 80 posts of quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes of mostly graemlins. THAT'S merely annoying, but the unsolicited trolling has been much more than that.

I kinda like him, but he knows exactly when he's being an arse...and he gets off on it. I suppose that's fun for everyone ELSE to watch, though! crazy.gif

Wow! Can I make that my new sig line?!?!? Hell, that one may make the 'blog.

You're going to great lengths to avoid admitting your culpability and taking responsibility for your actions, though. Interestingly, that's exactly what we've come to expect from Hammer.

Does that make you sad? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif