• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting discussion about exclusive deals

347 posts in this topic

Fact

DWC will continue to do what they do, because, they can.

Fact

Us complaining will not change an ything because a status quoe has been established

Fact

I like Key Lime Pie.

MMMMMM but even better Key Lime Cheesecake [cloud9]

WTF is wrong with you people?

(shrug)

There is nothing wrong with Key Lime Pie.

I love Key Lime Pie :sumo:

Exclusively?

Fact

DWC will continue to do what they do, because, they can.

Fact

Us complaining will not change an ything because a status quoe has been established

Fact

I like Key Lime Pie.

MMMMMM but even better Key Lime Cheesecake [cloud9]

My wife had that the other day, she did say that it was good. I just cant bring myself to try it. I hate the pie so much :mad:

Can someone dummy this discussion down for me? It's a bit convoluted. Please tell me if I'm understanding this controversy (or "controversy" if you prefer).

CGC does not allow exclusivity (with their service).

DWC gets "exclussive" access to certain people for signatures, in that the person signing agrees to only do signatures through DWC. DWC will then charge whatever they feel is prudent.

Ergo, DWC has exclusivity of CGC SS for that artist by default, since you can't access that artist unless you go through them.

Is this correct? Am I missing anything?

Can someone dummy this discussion down for me? It's a bit convoluted. Please tell me if I'm understanding this controversy (or "controversy" if you prefer).

DWC gets "exclussive" access to certain people for signatures, in that the person signing agrees to only do signatures through DWC. DWC will then charge whatever they feel is prudent.

Ergo, DWC has exclusivity of CGC SS for that artist by default, since you can't access that artist unless you go through them.

It is correct that this is what is being complained about.

It is not correct that this is actually the case.

This thread is now about Pie

My wife makes the BEST home-made Key Lime pie, and since we're both from Key West....well that makes it exclusive enough.

I dont know if I can continue to get sketch opps from a lover of Key Lime Pie :makepoint:

This thread is now about Pie

Exclusively?

No? I thought they admitted doing that, to cover their costs?

Care to explain why?

If I as a dealer/facilitator cannot submit books under my account unless I pay a "fee", how is that not monopolizing the situation?

If I cannot get a signature from Stan unless I go the route DWC wants me to go there is an issue if no exclusivity is to exist.

I have dealt with many other dealers and facilitators, and there is always a professional courteousy extended. From what I have read and experienced this is not the case with the Stan signings.