• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Dr Strange cover

57 posts in this topic

Could someone tell me what the 1st full appearance of Dr Strange on a cover is? I know Strange Tales 118 shows his face at the bottom, but I was wondering what the 1st full image of Dr Strange on a cover is.

Is it FF 27? Which came out in June of 64? The Overstreet guide says FF27 is the 1st Doc Strange xover but doesn't mention 1st full cover.

If ST 118 is the 1st appearance of Doc Strange why doesn't Overstreet mention it? Seems kind of important.

As far as I can tell ST 130 is the 1st full Dr Strange cover within his own comic.

ST 118 is the first cover app of Dr Strange. (Mar '64)

FF 27 is first Dr Strange crossover (Jun 64) and IS the first cover appearance of Dr Strange in full.

so are there cameo cover appearances now???

:insane:

just answering the dude's question

but I was wondering what the 1st full image of Dr Strange on a cover is.

I dont know of any of the various sites/books/cgc lables that differentiate 1st cover appearances to this degree.

You're all wrong.

First appearance of Doctor Strange on an album cover was "A Saucerful of Secrets" by Pink Floyd in June of 1968 (the last Syd Barrett album).

:devil:

lets play...

earlier Dr Stange Movie Poster

kFAXx.png

You're all wrong.

First appearance of Doctor Strange on an album cover was "A Saucerful of Secrets" by Pink Floyd in June of 1968 (the last Syd Barrett album).

:devil:

lets play...

earlier Dr Stange Movie Poster

kFAXx.png

That's just silly. :)

Here's the first picture of Madonna kissing a Doctor Strange comic book.

125269.jpg.f5dbc8449ee273b76f4f2d2f80765d8f.jpg

From October 1965, the Family Dog's "A Tribute to Dr. Strange" dance concert. :headbang:

FD1965-10-16.jpg

$2.50 to see Jefferson Airplane!

Adjusted for inflation, that's only about $18 in today's dollars.

I thought it sounded like a dud deal too.

To me the cover of ST 110 is super boring. It has the 1st Dr Strange on the inside which makes the issue special, but I started wondering if there was a 1st cover appearance that was sought after.... apparently not.

Geez, even ST 115 which has the Origin of Dr Strange, doesn't have him on the cover.

Dr Strange didn't get much love early on.

With the way they can do CG in movies now, I think Dr Strange is going to blow peoples socks off when he hits the big screen.