• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Men #13

18 posts in this topic

Thanks for the input, all.

I'm trying to determine which of the collection warrant grading and slabbing (I'm not made of money). I'm thinking this might be a candidate.

According to CPG, the value differentials (raw vs. graded) are as follows:

9.0 (VERY FINE/NEAR MINT) $544.00 $761.60

8.5 (VERY FINE+) $416.00 $499.20

8.0 (VERY FINE) $336.00 $336.00

If it came back as a 9, it would most certainly be worth it. An 8, not so much.

Thoughts?

yep. just factor in slabbing cost and you get an idea what stuff is really selling for

Meaning, cut out the cost of grading, shipping, insurance, etc., from the GPA Analysis cost, and you'll get an idea of what people are really paying, right?

But still, that's what people are paying for third party graded books, as opposed to raw books, right?

I mean, even if you subtract the cost of grading, shipping, insurance, etc, there's still (for many/certain books, at certain grades) a wide differential in value between CGC/raw, so there are still two different markets at play here.

Where is the best place to look today for an accurate, up to date guide on that NON-CGC market value?

Honestly I would have no idea. I use GPA for everything even my raw books. When I list them for sale I always try to start around the 12 month average and work from there. I usually will end up going down some because it is ungraded.

But I would say around 50% of the time I get the GPA price for a raw book. This occurs quite often for me on ebay. Ill post the book here ask what people think the grade is to double check myself. Then I use the CGC scale and assign the G/VG/F/VF/NM rating to the book based off of that. I just post it up for sale with the asking price close to the gpa of a slabbed book in that grade.

Your going by CPG? :roflmao:

No good, I take it? It just seemed to me to be more....current than Overstreet.

CPG is great if you want to look at the bonny pictures.

Not so much if you looking at how much your books are worth.

I think this is an 8.0