• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redfury's PULP Emporium

36 posts in this topic

I've been going through my pulp collection and finding quite a few duplicates of some nice books, so I'm going to list them here. I hope you find something you like. Enjoy!

Sale Terms

:takeit: gets it

No probation list members.

Returns accepted if you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason.

Payment

Paypal is preferred, but I also accept check or money order.

Shipping

Shipping in the US will be $8. All pulps will be sent in a Priority Mail box. Outside the US will be exact shipping cost.

Amazing Stories Vol 3 No 10 Jan 1929

VG/F $90 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. Bright colors, clean cover, no tears. Spine is complete and unfaded, bottom 1/2 in starting to peel away. Pages are cream and supple.

Awesome destruction of New York by glacier cover by Frank R Paul. The building in the foreground is the Woolworth building.

AmazingStoriesVol3No10Jan1929FS1.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol3No10Jan1929FS2.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol3No10Jan1929FS3.jpg

Amazing Stories Vol 4 No 2 May 1929

VG+ $65 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. Cover is glossy, with bright colors, no markings, no tears. Back cover has two small tears on left edge and some light soiling. Spine is unfaded and almost complete, missing the top and bottom 1/2 in. Pages are cream and supple.

Cool astronaut moonscape cover by Frank R Paul.

AmazingStoriesVol4No2May1929HA1.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No2May1929HA3.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No2May1929HA4.jpg

Amazing Stories Vol 4 No 3 Jun 1929

G/VG $40 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. Cover is clean, no markings, no tears, but is somewhat worn. Corners are rounded. I think the spine has been re-glued. Spine is complete and unfaded, with a 1/2 in tear at the bottom. Pages are cream to off-white and supple.

Last Amazing Stories cover by Frank R Paul.

AmazingStoriesVol4No3Jun1929HA1.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No3Jun1929HA2.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No3Jun1929HA3.jpg

I'm officially not going to look at this thread. Looking at this thread is going to make me want to start collecting pulps, which will further drain my wallet and take up more space in my small apartment and drive my wife nuts.

So I'm not looking. Ok?

:shy:

Amazing Stories Vol 4 No 4 Jul 1929

F $100 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Beautiful copy! Book is complete. Covers are clean, glossy and bright. Spine is complete and unfaded. Pages are cream and supple.

AmazingStoriesVol4No4Jul1929HA1.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No4Jul1929HA2.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No4Jul1929HA3.jpg

Amazing Stories Vol 4 No 5 Aug 1929

VG $55 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. Cover is clean and has some gloss left, and has some creasing on left side. Spine is unfaded and almost complete, with top 1/2 in missing. Pages are cream and supple.

AmazingStoriesVol4No5Aug1929HA1.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No5Aug1929HA2.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No5Aug1929HA3.jpg

I'm officially not going to look at this thread. Looking at this thread is going to make me want to start collecting pulps, which will further drain my wallet and take up more space in my small apartment and drive my wife nuts.

So I'm not looking. Ok?

:shy:

Ah, well, just pretend it's a museum and enjoy looking at the books. :grin:

But remember, pulps are significantly cheaper than comparable comics!

Amazing Stories Vol 4 No 6 Sep 1929

VG $55 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. Cover is clean and somewhat glossy with bright colors. There is some creasing on left side near the spine. Spine is complete and unfaded. Pages are cream and supple.

AmazingStoriesVol4No6Sep1929HA1.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No6Sep1929HA2.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No6Sep1929HA3.jpg

Amazing Stories Vol 4 No 7 Oct 1929

VG/F $80 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Beautiful copy! Book is complete. Cover is clean and extremely glossy with bright colors. There is a 3" non-color breaking crease in the lower right corner. Spine is complete and unfaded, with a 1/2 in split at the top. Pages are cream and supple.

Same month and year as the great stock market crash! lol Contains part 1 of 3 of "The Secret Kingdom" by Otis Adelbert Kline. Kline is known for his stories that imitated Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter and Tarzan stories. He was also Robert E. Howard's literary agent.

AmazingStoriesVol4No7Oct19291.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No7Oct19292.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No7Oct19293.jpg

Amazing Stories Vol 4 No 8 Nov 1929

VG/F $80 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. Cover is clean and somewhat glossy with bright colors. Slight rounding of corners, with a few small flakes of color missing. Spine is complete and unfaded. Pages are cream to tan and supple.

AmazingStoriesVol4No8Nov1929HA1.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No8Nov1929HA2.jpg

AmazingStoriesVol4No8Nov1929HA3.jpg

@RedFury: Some of those cover illustrations are so beautiful. And the best thing is that the tales are often even better, sense of wonder still waiting to go from mainstream SF… Robert Bloch, Edmond Hamilton, and I would go ahead up to the 1960s with the stories, as Murray Leinster did amazing work even later on.

But people seem to appreciate only Isaac Asimov, while I consider the first generation of authors true visionaries, and with an integrity way missed later on.

Now I am spending insane amounts (for me) of money in golden age books for research/collecting, but some day I’d love to have a few issues of Weird Tales. I have just one, but with a wonderful Brundage cover.

Heh, Mr. Crowley, how I understand you, even if I’m not married. :)

Wonder Stories Vol 4 No 6 Nov 1932

VG/F $50 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. Bright colors, clean cover, no tears, still some gloss to it. '1932' written at top in small neat letters. Spine is intact with no splits. Corners are slightly rounded. Pages are cream and supple.

The dot pattern cover is actually a zoomed in image of the gray dot above the 'i' in 'Stories'. Gernsback wanted to explain how the 4 color printing process worked. I guess if you get far enough away, the cover will look gray.

WonderStoriesVol4No6Nov1932HA1.jpg

WonderStoriesVol4No6Nov1932HA2.jpg

WonderStoriesVol4No6Nov1932HA3.jpg

Wonder Stories Quarterly Vol 1 No 4 Summer 1930

VG+ $60 SOLD

Bedsheet sized pulp. Book is complete. This is a thick annual edition. Bright colors, clean cover, no tears, still some gloss to it. '50c' written at top in pencil. Spine is partially faded and is nearly complete, with bottom 1/4 in missing. Pages are cream and supple.

This is actually the 1st issue. Cover art by Frank R Paul. Cover printed with silver ink background.

WonderStoriesQuarterlyVol1No4Summer1930HA1.jpg

WonderStoriesQuarterlyVol1No4Summer1930HA2.jpg

WonderStoriesQuarterlyVol1No4Summer1930HA3.jpg

Magic Carpet Vol 3 No 2 (#2) April 1933

VG $250 SOLD

Brundage 'yellow peril' cover. Spine is intact and in good shape. Long diagonal crease in upper right corner of cover, and light general wear on edges and bottom left corner.

MagicCarpetVol3No2Apr1933FORSALE.jpg

MagicCarpetVol3No2Apr1933FORSALEbc.jpg

Weird Tales Vol 23 No 4, April 1934

G/VG $110 SOLD

Conan story by Robert E. Howard! Brundage cover!

There are 26 issues of Weird Tales that contain a Conan story, and this one features "Shadows in the Moonlight" (aka "Iron Shadows in the Moon").

Spine is complete but has a crack in the center and is partially faded. 1 piece of tape on lower portion of spine. One large and several small creases on lower left corner of cover. Some staining on back cover. Otherwise, solid and complete copy.

WeirdTalesVol23No4Apr1934.jpg

WeirdTalesVol23No4Apr1934bc.jpg