• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PayPal Advantage Support...

3 posts in this topic

To those of you who are in the 'PayPal Advantage' program; have you noticed a drop in service? I used to be able to call and get connected to a US employee with NO problems. The call was answered within five minutes with very little hold time.

Today, I call to ask ONE simple question and end up getting connected to an India call center and transferred to three different reps before they knew what I was talking about. In all honesty I don't understand what the benefits of this 'program' really are, because I have seen their service go downhill fast. It is ashame, as there was a time when I thought PayPal was starting to offer fairly good service. That changed quick. Normally it is eBay customer service that involves the problems.

Just had to 'vent.'

Respectfully,

'mint'

Strange.

I had the opposite affect. Previously I had only had to call once (that I can remember) and I ended up spending an hour on the phone with - yes - India. That is until they finally decided they couldn't fix my problem and they forwarded me to a higher echelon, which was a department in the US.

But since my PayPal "advantage" account came into effect, I've always gotten through the telephone lines very quickly, I get connected to someone in the US and they take good care of me.

Mind you, causation doesn't always equate to correlation. But that's been my experience so far.