• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KIRBY ART 10% OFF

1 post in this topic

Hi Artfans,

I'm trying to raise a little cash for the upcoming auctions and summer shows so I am relisting some Kirby art plus a new kirby concept sketch, with a 10% discount for board members .

The new offering is a large 11x14 concept sketch. (pure Kirby) that I like to consider "kirby does Norman Rockwell!

Also included are three consecutive Jack Kirby pages from the notorious and unpublished “Soul Love” book. These pages have graced my walls for several years and they looked great matted and framed together in one great Kirby tour-de-force! I term these pages notorious as that story has been beaten up in the Kirby Collector along with the Colletta inks but I think they work well here and I’ve loved them . Those Soul Love , Days of the Mob pages that I see occasionally offered are some of the most detailed and well rendered Kirby pages of that period and are usually undervalued.

These “Soul Love ” pages have a lot of pencils still evident and there is quite a bit of white out used , but if you’re like me, you will appreciate it as an insight into the process.I would like to sell these three consecutive pages are as they are the heart of the “Teacher”story. The story rolls from the first half page splash panel which includes Kirby’s shapely heroine through some richly detailed panels , to the last panel where the handsome hero finally makes his appearance.

I’m not a dealer , just an artist and collector who loves this stuff.

If you are interested (U.S. buyers only ,please!) you can reach me via the “contact” tab on my site or pm me here and I can also send you larger scans if needed. I would also be interested in trades for other Kirby.

Please take a look at :

http://charlesviera.artspan.com/gallery/86661/Comic%20Art%20For%20Sale