• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone please update me on these

4 posts in this topic

I don't read many new books and haven't for several years I'm curious whats up with Rick Jones and Drax the Destroyer.

Also could someone give a thumbnail sketch of what these series are about,without spoiling them,please

100 Bullets

Trouble thumbsup2.gif

It's hard to say too much about 100 Bullets without spoiling it, as the thread started below by Lighthouse turned out. Here's Chrisco's pre-spoiler wrap-up from that thread:

It's a "crime-noir" book that definately involves revenge. The basic premise is there is a guy that gives a briefcase to people that have been severely wronged by someone else. In the briefcase there is: a gun, 100 rounds of untraceble ammo, and all the evidence you need. They are told they have carte-blanche, and will never be prosecuted for anything that results. The rest is up to them.

As the series progresses you begin to see there is a much larger picture going on. I'm not going to get into all of that, but I highly recommend the series. Pick up the trades for one of the best comic books you'll read.

1602 is the Neil Gaiman miniseries in which the Marvel superheroes start popping up in Elizabethan/Jacobean England. It was billed as Not-a-What-If, but yeah, it basically was a What If. (Or was it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif )

I don't know...to me it kind of read like an "elseworlds" story. I don't think anything that happened effected the present continuity. I mean the little continuity that's there right now anyway. Hmmmmm....come to think of it...I don't think there's any continuity at all. confused-smiley-013.gif