• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Move Over Dark Knight #3, Page 10

62 posts in this topic

I thought the same thing about the middle eastern investors, with money to burn. With a floor price of a billion dollars, that would be one hell of an autction. Probably the most expensive man made object ever, sans buildings, and even then, there's not a lot of billion dollar structures out there. Oh, did you ever find the cover to gijoe 21?

Yeah, such a sale could get pretty interesting - just from all the publicity and marketing potential, one could justify perhaps a price of a couple/several billion dollars if it were a government-backed institution trying to procure it, far beyond the value of just the art itself.

I never found the Joe #21 cover - while it would be nice to have, for this issue, it's really the interiors that everyone remembers more than the cover.

Funny thing about the Mona Lisa...it is quite small. I know it sounds strange but that was my exact reaction when I saw it at the Louvre. It is very interesting to stare at the original, it looks different from every angle. It has a wall of its own in the Denon wing of the Louvre, and is definitely worth seeing.

That`s the reaction of a lot of people when they see the Mona Lisa (and Stonehenge) for the first time.

11 inches tall if the movie is to be believed.

I thought the same thing about the middle eastern investors, with money to burn. With a floor price of a billion dollars, that would be one hell of an autction. Probably the most expensive man made object ever, sans buildings, and even then, there's not a lot of billion dollar structures out there. Oh, did you ever find the cover to gijoe 21?

Yeah, such a sale could get pretty interesting - just from all the publicity and marketing potential, one could justify perhaps a price of a couple/several billion dollars if it were a government-backed institution trying to procure it, far beyond the value of just the art itself.

I never found the Joe #21 cover - while it would be nice to have, for this issue, it's really the interiors that everyone remembers more than the cover.

Funny thing about the Mona Lisa...it is quite small. I know it sounds strange but that was my exact reaction when I saw it at the Louvre. It is very interesting to stare at the original, it looks different from every angle. It has a wall of its own in the Denon wing of the Louvre, and is definitely worth seeing.

That`s the reaction of a lot of people when they see the Mona Lisa (and Stonehenge) for the first time.

11 inches tall if the movie is to be believed.

lol I love that scene!