• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erik Larsen Amazing Spider-Man

11 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to how much pages from any Amazing Spider-Man penciled by Erik Larsen would be going for?

Difficult to determine as many were burned in a house fire.

Interesting, what's the story behind that?

I'm curious as to how much pages from any Amazing Spider-Man penciled by Erik Larsen would be going for?

Difficult to determine as many were burned in a house fire.

Interesting, what's the story behind that?

If I recall correctly, Larson used to live in the Oakland Hills where a wild fire wiped out a goodly number of homes.

As others have mentioned, most of his ASM art was destroyed, so it is VERY hard to come by.

I can't recall many pieces at all being offered for public sale.

That sucks. I was thinking about buying my first original art, and thought early 90s Spider-Man would be on the cheaper side. Erik Larsen was one of my favorites because the first comics I ever collected as a kid were Amazing Spider-Man when he was working on it. Seems like I picked a bad run to target.

I don't track Erik's ASM pages- so I could be wrong on this- but I'm pretty sure I ran across a page for sale online just this last week

Maybe eBay?

I searched around eBay and couldn't find anything. There is a Doom Patrol page by Larsen, but no Spiderman that I can find.

I don't track Erik's ASM pages- so I could be wrong on this- but I'm pretty sure I ran across a page for sale online just this last week

Maybe eBay?

I searched around eBay and couldn't find anything. There is a Doom Patrol page by Larsen, but no Spiderman that I can find.

Erik has an account on Comic Art Fans...perhaps you can contact him directly through he site and see if he has anything left? He also did some work on the Adjectiveless Spider-Man title, shortly after McFarlane completed his run.

The fire was pre-1992. Up until that point, Erik never sold any of his original art. All of Erik's art in his posession was destroyed. As such, you don't see too many panel pages or covers drawn by Erik from this time period. Any surviving art were the pages allocated to the inkers.

Full disclosure - I own 2 covers drawn by Erik from his early period.

Cheers!

N.