• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A WHOLE Lotta' work for nuthin'!!!

18 posts in this topic

If I were selling a lot like this, I would separate the older stuff, sell it individually and the newer stuff would go in lots. Might take a year or two but maybe I'd get my 12.5 by the time it was over. Maybe he doesn't have the time.

"If I were selling a lot like this, I would separate the older stuff, sell it individually and the newer stuff would go in lots. Might take a year or two but maybe I'd get my 12.5 by the time it was over."

I would totally agree with you, except for the fact that the auction just ended and he got a friggin' bidder!! One with pretty good feedback too. Un-frigging-believable!

It's hard to say............he's only got one negative out of 400+ feedbacks. It's a little odd, but understandable I guess, that he waited until there was only a minute left in the auction and then he went in and sniped it for the twelve and a half grand. confused.gif

Anybody who buys a lot like that probably has aspirations to deal in comics in some way. Maybe the guy sees it as a way to jump in head-first. Looks more like he jumped in -first to me. shocked.gif

The seller lives about 40 miles from me, perhaps motezart lives nearby as well. It is really not that bad a deal - depending on grade.If there is some decent grades , you could actually make some money. He claims vf for most of the silver but that is a big if. But take a look at the prime materials if they were in mostly vg on earlier issues :

vg - vg/f

JIM/Thor - 48, 88-400 most annuals including annuals $2000 -$3000

FF - 20 to current $2000 - $3000

X-men - 94, 110 -320 $1500 - $2000

Hulk/TTA - 16, 49 to 469 (minus 181)( 4,6 original) $1500 - $2000

Avengers - 3,6 9 through current $1000 - $1500

Daredevil - 2 through current $1000 - $1500

Iron Man - 1 through current $750 - $1250

Captain America, Strange Tales/Doctor Strange, Conan, Captain Marvel - almost all complete runs $1500 - $2000

Dell's and independents $750 - $1250

DC's some 10 ,12 cent,silver bronze, modern $1500 - $2500

Misc $1 bin comics $250 - $500

Totals $13,750 - $20,000

Of course I ballparked the DC's and similar, but the prices I listed should be not too far off for conservative guide prices. This might not be a bad auction if somebody , like myself, lives nearby can inspect and transport the books. When someone got there to inspect the books, you could walk away if it is or it could end up being a great deal. I'm sure a dealer could turn $.85 a book into $1.70 average sale per book. Who knows, maybe some of them are in VF like the seller claims. I would never just send him $12,500 but I might bid then inspect. The really scary thing is that he is using a peoplepc.com email address - peoplepc computers are the worst.

And there is my 2 cents -

Tom

Tom,

I actually purchased a few books from him awhile back and they were very nice copies. Early silverage ASM in VF/NM -NM.

Might be worth a trip if you are that close, the communication level left something to be desired tho.

Take care

M