• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Romita Jr. @ Vegas Hard Rock Cafe - May 4-6, 2012

95 posts in this topic

The event began at 12:00 pm on Friday, May 4th at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Las Vegas Strip. It will continue in the same location until the conclusion on Sunday, May 6th at 2 pm. This of course, is assuming that John can last for the 50 continous hours. We ask that anyone who wants, please come by and cheer John on anytime during the 50 hours.

For those of you that will be attending the event, DWC will be providing a CGC CAW at the event during the following hours.

Friday 12 pm - 3 pm, 5 pm - 8 pm, 11 pm - 2 am

Saturday 10 am - 1 pm, 4 pm - 7pm, 10 pm - 1 am

Sunday 10 am - 2 pm

If you have you own CGC authorized CAW than you can come whenever you want to. Please make arrangements with Joe Pierson at CGC regarding having your own CAW.

To get your sketch CGC graded, DWC is charging $100.00 plus return shipping that includes the sketch donation of $50.00, the sketch blank donation of $10.00, the DWC modern tier submission fee of $35.00 and the CGC processing fee of $5.00. If you wish to provide your own blank cover that John approves of, then you can deduct the $10.00 blank cover donation from the total. Return shipping fee depends on what country the book will be shipped to.

If you only wish to get a signature then the fee charged will be $70.00 plus return shipping that includes the signature donation of $20.00, the sketch blank donation of $10.00, the DWC modern tier submission fee of $35.00 and the CGC processing fee of $5.00. If you wish to provide your own book that John approves of, then you can deduct the $10.00 blank cover donation from the total. Return shipping fee depends on what country the book will be shipped to.

For those of you who can not attend, DWC will have a limited number of sketchs available after this event is over for those who can not make it out to Las Vegas. Starting Friday, May 4th every morning of the event, beginning at 8:00 am PST, DWC will make 10 sketch spots available to be purchased in the DWC Webstore. No specific character or CGC grade can be guaranteed. Duplicate orders will only be allowed if spots are left available.

And you can follow the event with a live feed by going to

Below is one of the event blank covers available to be purchased at the event and in the DWC webstore after the event is over. The cost will be $10.00.

KickAss2Blank.jpg

:rulez:

Call me crazy, but I don't think DWC's post was against the rules. Or, if it is, then all the sketch opportunity announcements would break the same rules, and even more so than DWC's post. And I don't see anyone complaining about those. If "rules are rules," then it shouldn't matter who breaks them.

While Chandler may be acting as a "facilitator" at the event, he is not offering what I view to be facilitator services at the event because he is not taking books in to be done. He is simply informing us when a CAW will be there so that you can get your own book done. Yes, the book will be submitted under the DWC account, but you still have to stand in line yourself. I'm sure some will think if you have to do all the work you should be able to submit under whatever account you wish, but keep in mind the only reason the CAW is there is because DWC stepped up to the plate and made the commitment to get a CAW there, so it's only fair that all submissions using that CAW go to the person who has to suffer the consequences if the minimum is not satisfied.

In addition, the post includes completed sketches for sale, and it's hard to argue that DWC is acting as a facilitator from our perspective for those sketches since character requests are not guaranteed.

And finally, DWC is announcing that blank covers will be available for sale after the event is over.

I would have never known if it wasn't posted here. (shrug)

The other board is mostly specific shows, this is more similar to an opp.

I don't know what the specific rules are, but I like when the the non shows are put in here.

I've got to agree with George. I don't see how this is different from the other sketch ops that get posted here. DWC isn't accepting mail ins and they are listing the times they are available. It's not show, it's a special event similar to other sketch opps listed here.

it's painfully obvious at this point that there are those that will sniff/coddle/defend/kiss the any post that DWC makes regardless of what it pertains to.

My buddy James lives in Vegas and I saw him there at the booth on the livestream. I thought to myself what luck! lol And I shot my buddy James (who is also and artist and gave JRJR a 11x17 that he had drawn of Spidey, JRJR is a class act guy he looked truly grateful for the piece) a text message and he was more than happy to work out the options for me and get me a sketch. Here is a photo of John with my sketch:

JRJR.jpg

I also feel I have to mention that while James was on the phone with me, I told him to drop the book off with Chandler, well when Chandler heard my name he knew that I was watching the show (they gave me a shout out on the show cause they thought it was cool I was watching from '5 states away' as they put it) and Chandler offered to allow me to submit under my own account. Apparently for no charge.

Now I facilitate shows and I do not want to let it stand like that, I gave James $25 for picking up the sketch for me. And I will give DWC something to make up for their time as well.

I know there is differences between this situation and those explained, but I thought it was only fair to share. The difficult part about this is I thought about not even posting this sketch because of the reaction some people here could have. And I consider many of you my good friends.