• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Our Fighting Forces, GI Combat, Showcase, more!

57 posts in this topic

A great opportunity arose earlier today so I jumped on it. I picked up Our Fighting Forces #1,2,3 and 4 today and finalized a deal for the rest of the books at a local flea market. I pick the rest of the books up tomorrow. They are:

G.I. Combat #74, 76, 77, 79, 80, 83, 86, 87 (2 copies), 88 (mostly greytone issues)

Green Lantern #1

Our Army at War #52, 65

Sea Devils #4

Showcase #16, 17, 23, 27, 28, 29

All of these books will be for sale in this thread. I'll start the thread tonight with the Our Fighting Forces #1, 2, 3 and 4 and will list the rest tomorrow afternoon after I pick them up tomorrow morning.

No sales to Probation List or HOS members. (tsk)

I offer a full money back refund if you're not happy with any book you purchase. (thumbs u

All books are complete with no missing pages or cutouts unless otherwise noted.

Payment via Paypal or money order.

Considering the books being sold, all of these books will be shipped via Priority Mail box. Shipping is a flat $10.00 for any amount of books you buy. Insurance is additional if you want to purchase it.

Like I said, 4 books tonight then the rest tomorrow. :)

Our Fighting Forces #1 (1954) GD+ 2.5 $149.00

Cover is detached and so is centerfold. 1-1/4" split at bottom of spine. Short tear along top edge of front cover and small piece missing at top right corner of back cover. Book is complete with no missing pages or cutouts.

OurFightingForces1GD.jpg

OurFightingForces1GDback.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #2 (1955) GD+ 2.5 $55.00

Cover is detached and the bottom of the spine is split most of the bottom 3". Looks like a mouse chew at top right corner of book.

OurFightingForces2GD.jpg

OurFightingForces2GDback.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #3 (1955) GD+ 2.5 $45.00

Cover is detached and bottom 3" of spine is split. Small pieces missing at top and bottom of spine on back cover.

OurFightingForces3GD.jpg

OurFightingForces3GDback.jpg

Our Fighting Forces #4 (1955) VG- 3.5 $55.00

Book is complete and everything's attached. No spine splits. Page 15/16 had been torn in half and has been taped back together.

OurFightingForces4VG-.jpg

OurFightingForces4VG-back.jpg

A great opportunity arose earlier today so I jumped on it. I picked up Our Fighting Forces #1,2,3 and 4 today and finalized a deal for the rest of the books at a local flea market. I pick the rest of the books up tomorrow. They are:

G.I. Combat #74, 76, 77, 79, 80, 83, 86, 87 (2 copies), 88 (mostly greytone issues)

Green Lantern #1

Our Army at War #52, 65

Sea Devils #4

Showcase #16, 17, 23, 27, 28, 29

All of these books will be for sale in this thread. I'll start the thread tonight with the Our Fighting Forces #1, 2, 3 and 4 and will list the rest tomorrow afternoon after I pick them up tomorrow morning.

No sales to Probation List or HOS members. (tsk)

I offer a full money back refund if you're not happy with any book you purchase. (thumbs u

All books are complete with no missing pages or cutouts unless otherwise noted.

Payment via Paypal or money order.

Considering the books being sold, all of these books will be shipped via Priority Mail box. Shipping is a flat $10.00 for any amount of books you buy. Insurance is additional if you want to purchase it.

Like I said, 4 books tonight then the rest tomorrow. :)

I was actually looking forward to seeing that Showcase #17. :applause:

The rest of the books are now in hand. I'll need an hour or two to scan through them, grade 'em and scan 'em then I'll be back.

I've got some of the books graded and scanned so I'll go ahead and list those first.

Green Lantern #1 (1960) 4.5/5.0 White pages $749.00

Some kind of staining on front cover and 2 interior chips (either side of clown's head). 2 tiny tears along top edge of back cover. Nice tight, solid copy.

GreenLantern1VG-FN.jpg

GreenLantern1VG-FNBack.jpg

G.I. Combat #76 (1959) VG/FN 5.0 $59.00SOLD via PM

Grey tone cover. Ink overspray along top edge. Another nice solid copy. (thumbs u

GICombat76VG-FNGreytonecover.jpg

GICombat76VG-FNGreytonecoverback.jpg

G.I. Combat #79 (1960) FN+ 6.5 $119.00SOLD via PM

Grey tone cover - and what a great cover it is. No major flaws - nice sharp book.

GICombat79FNGreytonecover.jpg

GICombat79FNGreytonecoverback.jpg

G.I. Combat #80 (1960) FN- 5.5 $150.00SOLD!

Grey tone cover. This one is hard to price. A couple of higher grade CGC copies were through the roof on price. Let's see what happens at this price.

2 tiny spine chips at bottom corner. Another tight, solid book.

GICombat80FN-Greytonecover.jpg

GICombat80FN-Greytonecoverback.jpg