• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do i submit books for my own Sketch/Signature?

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, i have a quick question. Im doing/ have done commisions on a blank variant and the paying person wants the book submitted to be graded as a signature series. How would i go about doing that? I have absolutely no idea if i can even have it submitted as a SS but ive heard you can. Do i just send the book in with a note that says "I drew this, Grade it!"

Any info will be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

The easiest way would be to bring it to a show and hand it to CGC there. If you (as the artist) are mailing the books directly to CGC, there's a 10 book minimum:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5643436

Thank you very much for the info. Thats what i thought the rule was. Someone told me that awhile ago. Thanks for the link also. (thumbs u

Deleted until further notice. (oops)

The only way to know for sure is to call CGC and ask, but my gut feeling says that if you submitted this book without a sketch, it would end up in a Qualified label slab due to it being a frankenbook.

If you sub it for SS, the frankenbookness would then most likely affect the grade, and you'd end up with a CGC 0.5 (or NG) book.

The only way to know for sure is to call CGC and ask, but my gut feeling says that if you submitted this book without a sketch, it would end up in a Qualified label slab due to it being a frankenbook.

If you sub it for SS, the frankenbookness would then most likely affect the grade, and you'd end up with a CGC 0.5 (or NG) book.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think thats what the customer was saying it would end up as and was ok with a NG as long as it got labeled as an ASM 300.

You can't solicit books for SS without CGC approval.

And how's the market been for you?

Oh, wow, i didnt know that. The above post was the only time ive ever asked someone if they wanted a book done for a SS. Should i delete that? Sorry, I've never (ever) dealt with any kind of signature series so this is all new to me. I've just done a few recreations on blanks and the people i did them for are interested in getting them graded now.

BTW, I suggest anyone here read the link :)

Interesting read indeed.

Please feel free to read it anyone, but i ask you also read my side of the story on page 9.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5666742&Searchpage=1&Main=257682&Words=excelsior1986&topic=0&Search=true#Post5666742

Also, the markets been pretty good for me so far. I've been busy doing cover recreations for the past 3-4 weeks now.