• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARDCORE #1 from topcow/image by kirkman/silvestri

239 posts in this topic

Depends on the execution (so to speak). It also depends on whether Kirkman and/or Silvestri are actually involved, or just attaching their names to pimp the book.

cut this from BleedingCool

It’s a book that was solicited two years ago – TWO YEARS AGO – as part of Top Cow’s Pilot Season. Created by Robert Kirkman and Marc Silvestri, written by Robert Kirkman, originally drawn by Brian Stelfreeze. Rather than resolicit, the comic has been offered to retailers through the Final Order Cut Off system, which is why it’s shown up in this chart as retailers have suddenly added it to their orders.

But here’s the thing. Lots of shops don’t use FOC still. Many don’t pay FOC the same attention they do Previews. And consumers never get to see it.

There’s basicallu a newish Robert Kirkman comic coming, and many retailers, and almost all the customers, have no idea it’s coming. With Thief Of Thieves and Walking Dead burning up the aftermarket, how many seconds will it take for this comic to sell out when it hits the shelves and people suddenly realise what they have?

Midtown is pretty much the only place i get my comics. Yes they maintain good inventory, but there is always a chance that people will order multiples at the same time and they might run out.

Thanks for the update! That is good to know. Hopefully they got my order than because they still show some in their inventory.