• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARDCORE #1 from topcow/image by kirkman/silvestri

239 posts in this topic

They are all one-shots.

As I said, Murderer #1 was really good and I recommend it, I was hoping it would be turned into a series.

Even with Kirkmans name attached I couldn't give these Pilot Season one-shots away on eBay after I had read them, so I stopped listing them and they are in a box.

They didnt go no where when they came out cause no one really knew his name..things are different.. lets jus see where it goes.. seems like it could be good.. there already goin for $10-15 on ebay

this one is coming out at the right time...people looking for the next kirkman book and it's been delayed for 2 years so taking some by surprise. Regardless of whether the past pilot comics did anything or not. Plus the story looks interesting. Not sure who the hero would be in this one, if there is one.

They didnt go no where when they came out cause no one really knew his name..things are different.. lets jus see where it goes.. seems like it could be good.. there already goin for $10-15 on ebay

You're joking, right? Kirkman has been one of the biggest names in the biz for years now - it still doesn't mean that everything he touches turns to gold (see Haunt).

I'm starting to think there is a disconnect between comic purchasers in stores and those on ebay. My main store had his usual 10 copies of WD out on the rack and half of them are still there since the last issue came out as well as some of the issue before then. Still has a Saga 2 -- which he only put about 5 of out (dunno if he got cleaned out of Saga 3 before I showed up, but there were only 2 dinged copies left), Hell Yeah 1s (which he had about 15 out and they sold poorly), Epic Kills 1s (ditto), TOT 4, Mind the Gaps, etc. He also had TOT 1s for a while (which I passed on at the time...insufficiently_thoughtful_person) and Fatale 1s (ditto)..the internet frenzy on some of these hot books just doesn't seem to be going on here in NYC (and this is a very active store). He also puts 3 copies of Chew out on the rack every month and most of the time only 2 sell.

You're joking, right? Kirkman has been one of the biggest names in the biz for years now - it still doesn't mean that everything he touches turns to gold (see Haunt).

Well, Haunt is still being published. What kind of numbers does it do?

#1 didn't jack up in price because the Kirkam/Todd combo resulted in shops figuring they should order a ton of them. It seems that whenever a ton of something is ordered that is doom for aftermarket price appreciation (except in the case of saga 1 apparently). What were the numbers on Haunt 1? If there was a 10K print-run I suspect it would be expensive.

I'm starting to think there is a disconnect between comic purchasers in stores and those on ebay. My main store had his usual 10 copies of WD out on the rack and half of them are still there since the last issue came out as well as some of the issue before then. Still has a Saga 2 -- which he only put about 5 of out (dunno if he got cleaned out of Saga 3 before I showed up, but there were only 2 dinged copies left), Hell Yeah 1s (which he had about 15 out and they sold poorly), Epic Kills 1s (ditto), TOT 4, Mind the Gaps, etc. He also had TOT 1s for a while (which I passed on at the time...insufficiently_thoughtful_person) and Fatale 1s (ditto)..the internet frenzy on some of these hot books just doesn't seem to be going on here in NYC (and this is a very active store). He also puts 3 copies of Chew out on the rack every month and most of the time only 2 sell.

a lot of people go on ebay if they can't find the books in their store or don't have one near by. i sell to people in countries where these books are really hard to find also.

Well, Haunt is still being published. What kind of numbers does it do?

#1 didn't jack up in price because the Kirkam/Todd combo resulted in shops figuring they should order a ton of them. It seems that whenever a ton of something is ordered that is doom for aftermarket price appreciation (except in the case of saga 1 apparently). What were the numbers on Haunt 1? If there was a 10K print-run I suspect it would be expensive.

Haunt #1 was 50k, with issue #2 it dropped to 30k, and it's currently hovering below 10k.

Destroyer - the mini-series Kirkman did the same year - was 20k for issue #1 and dropped to 12k for issue #4.

My point was just that Kirkman has been a household name in the industry for a while now - some of his series get popular & pricey, some don't. It's not like everything with his name on it is an automatic success.