• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck's Prices

39 posts in this topic

Even if Chuck had a 100% off sale I would not buy from him.

When he gets there I am using all my money to buy everything he has as fast as I can so I can list it all as No Reserve on Ebay and laugh all the way to the Bank!!!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif LMAO Pinch me so as to make sure I am alive and this deal is coming my way!!! YAHOO!!

Seriously the best delivered CGC Books I have ever bought and Fast!

Davidking623

I just got an email from Mile High. I was told that "I cannot order books from them now or in the future." Wow""" Who snitched on me? That email was right to the point. "Freedom of speech is being monitored and surpressed."

I just got an email from Mile High. I was told that "I cannot order books from them now or in the future." Wow""" Who snitched on me? That email was right to the point. "Freedom of speech is being monitored and surpressed."

You know, I seem to recall this happening with another board member at one point, but I'm too lazy to do a search for the thread, but it was very very similar. Comments made on these boards resulted in an email from MHC saying, "No comics for you, one year!" (the soup nazi imitation is my own embellishment).

I guess Chuck considers derogatory posts to be bad publicity for his company and, since he's unable to censor what's said, feels the need to assert his right not to do business with those who he perceives have bad-mouthed him in a public forum. It's childish certainly, but he is free to pick and choose who he will sell to based upon whatever whim he chooses to act upon.

This brings up a related topic: Have you noticed how many sellers seem to come out of the woodwork whenever somone posts something critical relating to their service on these boards? It's like they all lurk here or get some kind of heads up through the grape vine that someone is slagging them on the CGC boards.

At first I thought you were joking but if that is true it is utterly ridiculous. Last time I looked this is a forum where comics are discussed and there is even a section that deals specifically with "the marketplace". It looks like they are reading these posts but they are obviously not listening to (or maybe they could care less) about people's concerns. If they can't handle what people are saying about their pricing or service then maybe they should switch to selling pottery. Ironic isn't it that by MH banning someone they have just created about 10X more bad publicity that they initially wanted to avoid. Doesn't Chuckles openly bash DC or "other publishers" as he calls them now for not following Marvel's lead in giving online first looks for whole issues? Double standard here? What kind of pop can operation is this? makepoint.gif

Its probably better that you spend your money elsewhere. You have to ask yourself this question? If someone makes their living selling comics but they have sold off their own personal collections what does that tell you?

I better shut up now because the comic Nazi's are probably on my tail. Not that I really care because I will not use their service, especially given this latest development.

I remember that too. I'm sure I'm on the list. I'm very surprised that jduran got banned. He has always come across as a Chuck supporter (for lack of a better term. Perhaps "non-basher" is closer).

confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey Chuck if you're reading this, put me on the list! Hell, even if you're not reading this, put me on the list!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I asked to be put on the list the last time this happened, but I never got an e-mail. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've only ordered 3 books from this major league and they were all over graded by 1.5 to 3 points. That's a 100% failure rate.

Hey Chuck! Add me to your

list you worthless ! brrempel@cnsp.com

OG,

Why don't you tell us how you really feel. 27_laughing.gif 3 points is unexcusable but forgivable if it only happens once but it sounds like this happens all the time. I can live with high prices as you only pay what you think is fair but getting screwed on grading is just plain wrong. I guess its all about the Benjamin's.