• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED! Fox, FH, MLJ, Chesler, Quality, Atlas and Marvel - & a Church

74 posts in this topic

I'll be offering a range of very tough Fox, Fiction House, MLJ, Chesler, Ace, Quality, Holyoke, Fawcett, Atlas and Marvel - a Church copy among them.

Titles include Mystery Men, Weird, Pep, Lightning, Planet, Rangers, Hit, Yankee, Catman, Master, Mystery Tales and even an ASM.

Grades vary, some books are raw, some encapsulated. All the golden age books are very scarce - some are definitely rare.

All books priced to sell.

By my lights these are all keepers, some very recently acquired, however there is a grail book on my horizon, and the opportunity may not come again.

PLEASE READ THIS:

I am based in the UK. I am keeping shipping costs as low as I can. Here are the costs of shipping to the USA:

Raw comics: $8 by regular (uninsured) airmail or $18 insured expedited mail. Add $2 for each additional comic. UNINSURED PACKAGES SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK! But I have never, ever lost a package. (Though I'd prefer to send valuable packages by insured expedited mail.)

CGC comics $20 uninsured, or $28 via expedited mail plus $12 per addtional CGC item, maximum 3 CGC items per package.

If you combine CGC and raw items then I will only charge $2 each for the raw items.

:takeit: wins over pm's.

I will not accept returns of CGC items. All non-CGC items may be returned if dissatisfied, but please note that I will only refund the cost of the item, not postage or packing either way. (The only exception will be if I have made a significant error in grading.)

Hope that's all clear but if you have any questions please ask them before buying, not after!

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL OR INTERNATIONAL BANK DRAFT ONLY PLEASE!

No probies or trolls allowed

What I heard...

.... MLJ, ... ..... Church ..... etc. etc.

You had me at MLJ

No, you had me at Church.

. :foryou:

You had me at bondage GGA.....

Wait, I meant church

PEP COMICS #18 VG- Cream $275 second Hangman.

Tight staples, glossy, and the cover image presents really well. A couple of minor issues lower the grade - chips on the right hand edge as shown below. Staples are tight, spine is mostly solid - appears to be a small piece of tape partially covering the top staple on the back cover. There is a small piece of tape below the number #18 which serves no apparent purpose. There is a very small piece of tape on the interior back cover. This book has the overall feel of a midgrade copy.

PepComics1830.jpg

MYSTERY MEN #9 GVG/VG- Cream pages. $225 Classic cover. Price firm - this is about what I have in the book.

Detached cover is the main fault, otherwise VG, but glossy and great eye appeal for the grade.

MysteryMen930.jpg

wonderful book. last book i needed to fill the 1-12 run. oughtta fly out of here.

MYSTERY MEN #9 GVG/VG- Cream pages. $225 Classic cover. Price firm - this is about what I have in the book.

Detached cover is the main fault, otherwise VG, but glossy and great eye appeal for the grade.

MysteryMen930.jpg

wonderful book. last book i needed to fill the 1-12 run. oughtta fly out of here.

Toughest in the early run - I have a nice Mystery Men 1-10 run, and my 9 is only a 3.5.

GLWTS!

WEIRD COMICS #4 5.0 Off-white/Cream $525

Great looking copy of a rare book. Cover neatly detached. Otherwise a beauty.

WeirdComics450.jpg

Michael,

Please be more careful with your books. Covers coming off all of them isn't good. :baiting:

I've always wanted a copy of this book, being broke is a bummer......

MysteryMen930.jpg

This comic calleth unto me...

MysteryMen930.jpg

This comic calleth unto me...

Me too. If I wasn't moving in a few weeks I might have to seriously think of picking it up.