• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got featured this week!

14 posts in this topic

http://www.comicartfans.com/WeeklyMailPreview.asp?NewsletterId=255

Premium Member of the Week :: Anthony Carpenter

1. Please tell us a little about yourself.

I’m a 42 year old collector currently living in Kentucky with my wife and two kids. I’m the poster child for people who want to collect art on a small budget.

2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?

Wow, tough question. I would have to say my Charles Paul Wilson III Stuff of Legend poster wall commission. This piece is all pencil believe it or not. When I commissioned Charles for his take on my main commission theme, I had no idea how great of an artist he really was. Scans don’t come close to showing the details in his pieces.

3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?

I have collected comics most of my life and got into original art about 5 years ago. I bought my first piece of art at a heroecon auction on a whim, got caught up in the bidding. It was the beginning of the end for me. Not sure what drew me into it, It just happened. I have significantly narrowed my focus on the last couple of years to include commissions, covers and splashes by the likes of Barry Kitson, David Petersen, Jeremy Bastian, and Charles Paul Wilson.

4. How do you display/store your collection at home?

I have a few of my minor pages framed in my house and office. The majority of my collection is stored in portfolios and in a location that they can be grabbed quickly if needed.

5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?

I am currently looking for the following:

Azrael Cover #6

Azrael Cover #28

Empire DC Cover #2

Empire DC Cover #4

Jim Starlin Dreadstar #3 Cover

View Anthony Carpenter's Gallery

View all premium members | Become a premium member