• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 3 Villan Revealed

68 posts in this topic

i dont think he will be the main villain in the movie.

like the way hammer was a secondary villain in the last movie

Agreed.

The OP also mentioned taping in China as well. Maybe we could see Mandarin after all... hm

everyone said the same about IM2

You mean about Whiplash? One of the signature villains of the Layton/Romita Jr. run that ran right through "Demon in a Bottle"? That's a pretty great portion of the IM mythos.

That's not ColdstoneCreamery.

The problem with IM 2 is, they blew their load by combining Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, and Whiplash and leaving out of some of the best aspects of each character.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054125

James Badge Dale has joined the cast of "Iron Man 3."

Dale will play Eric Savin. In the Marvel comicbooks, he's a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army put in charge of Project: Ultra. After he steps on a land mine, cybernetic surgery is performed on him, and Savin's resurrected as the cyborg Coldblood.

The thesp, who recently co-starred in Open Road's "The Grey" and Fox Searchlight's "Shame," will next appear in Robert Zemeckis' "Flight," from Paramount, along with the studio's "World War Z" and Disney's "The Lone Ranger."

"Iron Man 3" starts production this month under the helm of Shane Black, who also co-wrote the -script with Drew Pearce.

Robert Downey Jr. returns as billionaire Tony Stark, while Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley and Rebecca Hall are also set.

Pic's plot will borrow elements from Warren Ellis' six-issue "Iron Man: Extremis," which also influenced the first "Iron Man" installment, and focuses on the spread of a virus through nanotechnology.

Production on the film starts this month in North Carolina before moving to China later this summer.

Disney has already skedded "Iron Man 3" for release on May 3, 2013.

That's a pretty quick release, less than a year away. I hope they don't screw this up.

Maybe they should introduce the Sub-Mariner, have a classic battle between him and IM, and then incorporate the IM 55 introduction of you-know-who into the storyline.

Then having that lame-o villian wouldn't be as bad.

I remember reading that some of the characters and subordinate villains were the licensed to specific studios. That's why you won't see any X-men or mutants in the Avengers films, and I am not sure about FF. Namor would be an FF character, so which studio currently holds FF?

everyone said the same about IM2

You mean about Whiplash? One of the signature villains of the Layton/Romita Jr. run that ran right through "Demon in a Bottle"? That's a pretty great portion of the IM mythos.

That's not ColdstoneCreamery.

The problem with IM 2 is, they blew their load by combining Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, and Whiplash and leaving out just about all of the best aspects of each character.

Fixed that for you.

I liked IM2 basically despite the villain choice. Whiplash was done about as well as it could have been done, but why they don't go with the Mandarin (whose rings would look AWESOME on screen) or either of the armored villains is beyond me. You could argue that they already did the armored villain thing in the first movie with Iron Monger, but for my money the Titanium Man storyline in TOS #69-71 would translate beautifully to film and TM is incredibly bad .

I don't have a problem with them going with the story of extremis but some lame and unknow character. I hope this villain is just a pawn to the real villain

I remember the character as a bad arse, and hunting down Deathlok.

I also remember he was an anti-hero like Wolverine and Punisher.I am quite confident that Marvel who just produced a blockbuster like Avengers knows what they are doing. So start buying these before the bump!

Marvel_Comics_Presents_Vol_1_26.jpg

Production on the film starts this month in North Carolina before moving to China later this summer

Fingers still crossed for the Mandarin... they had 2 villains in Iron Man 2, right?

:wishluck: