• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST WONDERING ON THIS. ANY OPINIONS?

7 posts in this topic

I ask this to my new silver age friends as this is the chat board I am on most. I looked at my grades online and was dumbfounded by a grade. (like most of us are many times) The book was graded an 8.0. I get the book and the back cover at the bottom left has a deep paper crease going across the bottom about a 3/4 of an inch. I look at the scans I have of the book before I sent it in and as I already knew, it ain't there. Now what??? My word over CGC. I lose!!!

Did you call CGC to ask them about it?

If you have scans of the book before it was graded, mention that as well.

I looked at my grades online and was dumbfounded by a grade. The book was graded an 8.0. I get the book and the back cover at the bottom left has a deep paper crease going across the bottom about a 3/4 of an inch. I look at the scans I have of the book before I sent it in and it ain't there.

Call CGC and just say exactly what is quoted above. (thumbs u

I had a similar issue happen with a Warlock 2 OO book

9.8 all day long

9.2 with a right edge color breaking thumb bend in the slab. I never called but was very SA as it was amazing.

I did call when I saw the grade online and I said to the CGC guy that I was Livid. He said there was nothing he could do for me and I could buy the grader notes. I said okay, what is the book serial number. He could not tell me that at the time. I said Please, I just spent $1,400 in grading fees at one time. Can you just let me talk to someone before it is shipped. The answer was no, we do not do that any longer. I get the book and see that I do not need the notes after looking at the back of the book. I will call again but there is no way that they are going to take any blame for this and will probably tell me I did it myself. The book happens to be an Amazing Spiderman 129 and it is graded an 8.0