• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3PG GRADING

27 posts in this topic

I wish 3pg used the same grading as CGC and CGG. They would get alot on submissions.

I can't figure this out either. They are using Overstreet's OLD grading standards. WTF??????

I can't figure this out either. They are using Overstreet's OLD grading standards. WTF??????

Overstreet ditched them because nobody could grade consistently on a 100-point scale. Perhaps the proprietor of 3PG thinks he can grade with greater precision than the average experienced grader? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's what I'm most curious about...to see if he's at all consistent. That scale builds in the chance for him to be much less consistent than CGC or CGG. blush.gif

Ive never owned a 3pg book. But I thought they were NOT slabbed. I thought they just came in a sealed bag and board with grade and notes. Or am I getting them confused with another company?

3PG's early books came without a rigid outer shell. They now have the outer shell made of plexiglass, glued together in a makeshift way.

3PG's early books came without a rigid outer shell. They now have the outer shell made of plexiglass, glued together in a makeshift way.

CGG did this, but I'm about 95% certain 3PG has had the same case all along. Their web site was up several months before their service was ready, and their stated reason on the web site for the delay in taking submissions was because they had to work out some issues with the case. Ever since we first identified them here in the forums, which was before they were taking submissions, they've always advertised that same case.