• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ernie Chan SS tribute thread

39 posts in this topic

It's not corny at all. The comics will be around for a long, long time, but the creators - you never know when they will be gone for good. Anyone that has done this for a while has stories of books that did not make it to the creators' final appearance. :foryou:

It's not corny at all. The comics will be around for a long, long time, but the creators - you never know when they will be gone for good. Anyone that has done this for a while has stories of books that did not make it to the creators' final appearance. :foryou:

Yep...I was going to have Conan #100 and King Conan #1 signed by Ernie :(

Here are my last three Chans. I wish I had 10 more.

IMG00938-20120526-1422.jpg

IMG00939-20120526-1423.jpg

IMG00940-20120526-1424.jpg

Pretty books. I wish I had one book done. He only did one ASM cover, and I hadn't gotten around to getting one done yet...

Great books Sean, I wish I had one! I'd love to have something off the Batman or Conan runs he did but hopefully something will pop up available at some point down the road to add to the collection. Enjoy those beauties!

I was just looking at guests for the London Film & Comic Con this summer and I saw that Paul Gulacy is attending, he did a run of covers for master of kung fu, which reminded me of Ernie Chan, as he did one of my favourite Dr Doom covers - Master of Kung Fu #60

Ernie Chan did some great cover work, wish I could have met him, would have also been kool to have him sign my master of kung fu #60 too.