• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR 3 & 4...LG RAW COPIES! PRICES REDUCED!!

30 posts in this topic

Up for grabs are my “OO” copies of FF 3 and 4…bought second-hand at my local book store/comic shop circa late ‘60s. Both well-loved copies that present quite nicely for the low grades…note that the separated cover on FF 4 sits very snugly to the book and exhibits no apparent separation with the book sitting in its mylar.

Usual sales thread rules…no probies…no HOSers…no deadbeats!

First :takeit: posted wins the book over PMs…PMs/Offers welcome!

Shipping: Included in sales price.

Payment: PP…MO…or CHK. Pay with MO or CHK and I’ll throw in a raw FF 79 in VF- grade…I’ll post a scan later on…

Asking $299 for the #3. NOW $249 SHIPPED!

Asking $249 for the #4. NOW $219 SHIPPED!

Take both books for $499 shipped! NOW $449 SHIPPED!

Link to Buddy Can You Spare A Grade...

FF 3 GRADE OPINIONS

FF 4 GRADE OPINIONS

FANTASTIC FOUR 3 1.8

MAR 1962. “THE MENACE OF THE MIRACLE MAN”FANTASTIC FOUR don costumes and establish headquarters at the Baxter Building. Brief 2-page origin reprise. Introduces the Fantasti-Car (cover). Human Torch drawn with two left hands on the cover. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art.

Severe spine wear with the spine split from bottom to top staple...hanging on at the top staple...old tape bottom 2-1/2-inches of FC spine at inside FC/spine at center-spine and bottom. Diagonal crease top right corner and some a vertical CB crease through center “a” in “Fantastic” and some other random creasing and general edge wear commensurate with the grade...small piece missing bottom right corner. Back cover exhibits 5/8-inch transverse tears at center spine and lower right bottom edge...tape wrapping from FC visible at center spine and bottom spine. Small markings of red paint at center left edge and center spine...some small soil marks at top edge and a CB diagonal crease at top left corner...small creases at bottom left corner and overall general wear and fading/soiling of the white background. Overall structure is decent with the FC exhibiting near-perfect registration and alignment...book lays flat with a mild spine roll...pages exposed to view a uniform 1/4-inch at BC. Inside covers exhibit a general fading but no real tanning. “Ed Haselwood 21338 Moneta Ave. Torrance, Calif.” stamp at upper right of the splash page. Centerfold is detached at bottom staple...otherwise secure at top staple...staples are rust-free and tight.

Issue includes cut-away diagram of the Baxter Building bottom caption page 5...Johnny Storm/Human Torch Pin-Up next page...2-page Origin reprise on pp. 14-15. Pages are off-white and in generally decent shape with no issues to mention...COMPLETE!

2011 OSPG $326 in G grade. $293 in G- (1.8) (interpolated)

FF_3_FC.jpg

FF_3_BC.jpg

FANTASTIC FOUR 4 1.5

MAY 1962. “THE COMING OF THE SUB-MARINER!” First Silver Age appearance of the Sub-Mariner (Prince Namor). Sub-Mariner cover. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art.

Plenty of wear and tear on this well-loved early SA Key. Color loss (paper pulls) upper right and along the right edge due to the book sticking to another book and loss of surface material...wait’ll ya see the back cover. 3/4-inch transverse tear right edge at the Things left hand and similar length tear at top edge in between the E and A in “GREATEST”. 1/2-inch spine splits at top and bottom spine...cover is completely separated from book but intact...splits and small staple tears at both staples...old tape at staples/inside cover (put there before I owned the book circa late ‘60s). Otherwise spine is in pretty presentable shape. Front cover exhibits plenty of NCB creasing most prominent at upper left and lower right...other general wear commensurate with the grade. 1/16-inch overhang at top both FC and BC with little transverse tears typical of this condition. Back cover has tanning and discoloration at top edge and around the perimeter corresponding with heavy tanning on the inside front and back covers. 3/4-inch transverse tear at left edge to the left of Al Dorne’s right elbow...2-inch transverse crease at center left edge...large areas of paper pull/loss and a partial transferred image from another comic that was stuck to this one at some point in time...identified as Lois Lane Annual 1 in the Grading Thread section. Fairly severe overall NCB wrinkling and creasing...teeny little stain lower left edge. Overall structure is solid (the separated cover notwithstanding)...perfect registration/centering...book lays flat...tight rust-free staples holding all the pages and centerfold secure...perfectly centered. Issue contains Fantastic 4 Fan Page Letters (1 page). Teaser ads at bottom of page 2 “The Hulk Is Coming!”...top of page 3 “Who Is The Hulk??”...bottom of page 7 “What Is The Hulk??”...top of page 8”You’ve Never Seen Anyone Like The Hulk!”...top of page 15 “Who Is The Hulk??”...also bottom of page 17...bottom of Pin-Up Page...and top of pages 20 and 23. Mister Fantastic Pin-Up Page between Chapters 4 and 5. Pages are off-white and in generally great shape with no issues to mention...COMPLETE!

2011 OSPG $352 in G grade. $264 in FR/GD (1.5) grade (interpolated)

FF_4_FC.jpg

FF_4_BC.jpg

Tom, congratulations on your Daughter's graduation!

Good luck with the sale.

coming to visit this weekend. will be at a show..you coming?

call me.............. :roflmao:

Sure Jamie Graham, tell me where you will be set up. I'll be sure to come by and see your overpriced drek that you think is worth so much more because you are at a convention. :eyeroll:

I see you aren't coming to Florida Supercon this year? No surprise since I heard you did horribly there last year. Of course, you blamed it on the venue but we all know it's because you are a grumpy curmudgeon who prices comics way above their actual value. :facepalm:

And, for the record...I wouldn't give you a penny of my money. I learned my lesson dealing with you. You seem to forget they printed more than just the comics you own. There are plenty of other dealers who know how to treat customers and will get my business. (thumbs u

Now, back to Tom's thread. Sorry Tom for posting this in here. Jamie Graham felt the need to thread krap here

Tom, congratulations on your Daughter's graduation!

Good luck with the sale.

coming to visit this weekend. will be at a show..you coming?

call me.............. :roflmao:

Sure Jamie Graham, tell me where you will be set up. I'll be sure to come by and see your overpriced drek that you think is worth so much more because you are at a convention. :eyeroll:

I see you aren't coming to Florida Supercon this year? No surprise since I heard you did horribly there last year. Of course, you blamed it on the venue but we all know it's because you are a grumpy curmudgeon who prices comics way above their actual value. :facepalm:

And, for the record...I wouldn't give you a penny of my money. I learned my lesson dealing with you. You seem to forget they printed more than just the comics you own. There are plenty of other dealers who know how to treat customers and will get my business. (thumbs u

Now, back to Tom's thread. Sorry Tom for posting this in here. Jamie Graham felt the need to thread krap here

One :bump: begets another :bump:

OK...what is up boardies??!!

I have tried to price these much-sought extremely low digit SA semi-keys at fair value...but so far, either anyone viewing this post either (a) already owns these books or (b) thinks I've over-priced them or © wants them but can't afford them at my ask... hm

Not just ready to give these away...bear in mind the following...

(aa) I am happy to offer these as straight-up trade or trade and cash for any book(s) on my want-list... :wishluck:

(bb) I am happy to consider time-payments up to 90 days... (thumbs u

(cc) I am happy to consider reasonable offers less than my individual ask or combined ask if you send me a 25-word minimum essay on why I should sell the book to you... :insane:

Feel free to Krap-bump my thread anytime...no hurry, but would like to sell these to a fellow boardie...

Go Kings!! (as in hockey) :headbang:

Sunday morning :bump:

It's my #3 daughter's college graduation today...buy my books and it just might cover the dinner tab...less wine and tip... :tonofbricks:lol

Congrats Tom!

THX Michael! (thumbs u

:gossip: Was underbidder to the JIM 95 9.0 on Clink last night... :pullhair: Put in a passive/aggressive bid due to the CR/OW pages...Oh well...there will be more...

Sunday morning :bump:

It's my #3 daughter's college graduation today...buy my books and it just might cover the dinner tab...less wine and tip... :tonofbricks:lol

Congrats Tom!

THX Michael! (thumbs u

:gossip: Was underbidder to the JIM 95 9.0 on Clink last night... :pullhair: Put in a passive/aggressive bid due to the CR/OW pages...Oh well...there will be more...

Wow! That's big time. I slept on the 91 8.0 winnipeg. It had some pre-chips but I kind of wanted it to go with my 87 winnipeg. But them's the breaks, like you said, there will be more.