• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 227

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys, how would you grade the color of the pages in this book? Off-White, Cream to Off-White? Cream? I'm no good with my PQ's...

*Edit/Update* Have just loaded some scans of the full book - anyone wanna throw out a grade for me? Back cover is the major killer, I think...God I love this cover...

$(KGrHqV,!rcE-Yvkpe)NBPuoVFH(ew~~60_32.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!rgE-dKvgiFNBPuoVL1!mw~~60_32.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJCwE-lgbs0YiBPuqfHgWMg~~60_32.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJDQE-n9m0Yd,BPuqfK3qhg~~60_32.JPG

I would say C/OW but what your pictures show and what it looks like in hand might be very different.

It sort of looks like the PQ gradually gets slightly brighter the further into the page you go...

I'm no good at grading PQ as well, but I will say that I've some OW books that look worst than that.

+1. I've seen many early Bronze DC's with this color paper designated as OW. It could look lighter in hand than what the scan image is showing too.

bummer on the foxing because without the foxing, you are looking at 8.5. There is a small corner crease on the upper right front cover right?

I will say 7.5 but this is a tough book to grade since the foxing is fairly bad.....but it is no more than a wag from me....since I haven't seen bronze book with this level of foxing in a slab to compare.

bummer on the foxing because without the foxing, you are looking at 8.5. There is a small corner crease on the upper right front cover right?

I will say 7.5 but this is a tough book to grade since the foxing is fairly bad.....but it is no more than a wag from me....since I haven't seen bronze book with this level of foxing in a slab to compare.

Yeah, tiny little corner crease top right. To me, it presents like an 8.0/8.5 but it is probably a 5.5. I don't really care about the back cover and this is a book that will go into a lifelong collection :wishluck: so I'm pretty happy with it. Took me ages to find a copy with nice centering.

I'm glad whoever sold you the book was conservative on the grade. The front cover is very, very nice. Centering is exceptional. (thumbs u

Yeah, thanks, really chuffed with the centering. :)

Great book! (thumbs u

I would personally agree that the book should be a midgrade, but CGC is notoriously easygoing with foxing. By way of example, check out the back cover on this CGC 7.5:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-411-CGC-7-5-1ST-TALIA-NEAL-ADAMS-ARTWORK-/280885215473?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item41661040f1