• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention - FAKE Superman #1 CGC 6.0 EP Restored being offered
2 2

80 posts in this topic

Gang, there is a Superman #1 CGC 6.0 EP that is being shopped around. The book is being offered by someone called Enrique Gomez Sanchez who apparently is an actual paying customer (from Spain) and bought and paid for the book from Metropolis but the book is obviously not right. It looks like the reseller buys actual books and then tampers with the CGC holder.

I've contacted Metropolis about this as well as CGC and just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they come across this "deal"

I guess all I can add is that you should proceed with extreme caution when buying a big book from someone you've never dealt with before.

His eBay ID is queenalldc

He had 377 positive feedback before he made it private some time in the past week.

The original book has been removed from the CGC holder and the book currently in the holder is a reprint much like this one:

(The link is being provided simply to show the reprint...the eBay seller has nothing to do with the fraud).

Link to Superman #1 reprint

This is a scan of the legit book that I pulled from Metro's site as it was certified by CGC.

Superman1CGC60EP.jpg

These are pictures of the book that is being offered (obviously not the same book):

Superman1CGC60EPreprintfront.jpg

Superman1CGC60EPreprintback.jpg

If you are going to go thru all that trouble, why insert a 9.0 book into the slab. Rough it up a bit and leave it in the sun for a few days. I dislike crooks, but hate stupid ones. It takes all the fun out of catching them.

I assume this is the book from the Statue set that came out around 1999.

I have one someplace, but is it an exact copy of the original?

Edited by shadroch

Screw Interpol. Call Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris will show him the meaning of "inter-pole".

he used the reprint from the masterpiece editions that was in a box and featured a superman mego sized replica of supe in his early forties style costume!! it was the perfect choice of replacement book.

whoever did it...what a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed!

Where is he shopping it around? He currently is not offering it on eBay.

The book was offered to me and at least one other dealer (who contacted me after I started this thread).