• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, good times and ice cold beer!!!

130 posts in this topic

Never seen that stuff before. How is the taste? Is it ultra-hoppy? What does it compare to? Dogfish 90? Sierra Torpedo? Snake Dog (Flying dog)?

Its pretty localized. I don't think they even distribute out of the state.

I <3 Dogfish 90 :cloud9:but I think the HR is not as "alchoholy" in taste. Its a more balanced taste.

Torpedo ..... no comparrison.

I don't think I've ever had the Snake Dog, but I've seen em. I hate the artwork on the bottle :insane:

Rate Beer Hopasaurus Rex

And its not quite to the Barley Wine stage Shellhead. At least the ones I've had around here, which are 11 - 14 %

Are you guys in the Pac NW ?

Man, I'd probably really like it then. Dogfish 60 is my favorite. I agree that the 90 is a bit "alocoholy". At the Dogfish restaurants they serve a 75 that is perfect. They don't bottle it though.

The Snakedog has a strong flavor too, but not as bad as the 90. It's 7.1%. I think the flavor is better than their regular IPA, which has a slightly skunky flavor. Worth a try.

Never seen that stuff before. How is the taste? Is it ultra-hoppy? What does it compare to? Dogfish 90? Sierra Torpedo? Snake Dog (Flying dog)?

I <3 Dogfish 90 :cloud9:but I think the HR is not as "alchoholy" in taste. Its a more balanced taste.

I don't think I've ever had the Snake Dog, but I've seen em. I hate the artwork on the bottle :insane:

Rate Beer Hopasaurus Rex

And its not quite to the Barley Wine stage Shellhead. At least the ones I've had around here, which are 11 - 14 %

Man, I'd probably really like it then. Dogfish 60 is my favorite. I agree that the 90 is a bit "alocoholy". At the Dogfish restaurants they serve a 75 that is perfect. They don't bottle it though.

The Snakedog has a strong flavor too, but not as bad as the 90. It's 7.1%. I think the flavor is better than their regular IPA, which has a slightly skunky flavor. Worth a try.

Skunky is definitely not good. :eek: Sometimes that's an indication of other problems.

Rate Beer Hopasaurus Rex

Skunky is definitely not good. :eek: Sometimes that's an indication of other problems.

Nah...it's not old/expired "skunky" flavor. Not that kind of "skunky". It's more of an IPA skunky.

Some of the lighter/crispier IPA's have a slightly skunky taste.

Dogfish 60 is a slightly heavier, earthy taste. Sierra has it too (on the heavier side). I'm talking about the stuff that's not like that.

Rate Beer Hopasaurus Rex

Nah...it's not old/expired "skunky" flavor. Not that kind of "skunky". It's more of an IPA skunky.

Dogfish 60 is a slightly heavier, earthy taste. Sierra has it too (on the heavier side). I'm talking about the stuff that's not like that.

+1 Yea, my fav nose is hops and grapefruit ....mmmmmmm :cloud9:

That might be considered skunky by some (shrug)

Rate Beer Hopasaurus Rex

Might just be the hop variety that you are tasting then.

Sierra uses some caramel malt which gives it the earthy taste, and a high percentage of cascade hops which give it the strong, bright, citrus aftertaste (as you say - definitely not skunky). It's an almost perfectly balanced ale.

Just finished off the last Wychcraft bottle in the house, so now it's Thirsty Beaver for the remainder of the night.

PICT0099_zps78d0bf69.jpg

:applause:

I have nothing bad to say about anyones favorite brew. If you drink it, and you like it, thats good enough for me. However, I try to promote (whenever I can ) the knowledge that there is a collective beer drinking mass...... a BORG of beer drinkers if you will, who drink everything brewed and then rate it by nothing more scientific than their own opinions. It is this great database that opens the doors of the beer world and leads drinkers into new tastes and flavors that they might never have come across. I happen to like Boddingtons on occasion, although the rate beer BORG do not give it much kudos. So be it.

Wychcraft on Rate Beer

Just finished off the last Wychcraft bottle in the house, so now it's Thirsty Beaver for the remainder of the night.

PICT0099_zps78d0bf69.jpg

I have nothing bad to say about anyones favorite brew. If you drink it, and you like it, thats good enough for me. However, I try to promote (whenever I can ) the knowledge that there is a collective beer drinking mass...... a BORG of beer drinkers if you will, who drink everything brewed and then rate it by nothing more scientific than their own opinions. It is this great database that opens the doors of the beer world and leads drinkers into new tastes and flavors that they might never have come across. I happen to like Boddingtons on occasion, although the rate beer BORG do not give it much kudos. So be it.

Wychcraft on Rate Beer

You are spot on with your beer drinkers description. Most of the beers I have enjoyed rate very low on the BORG list.

You are spot on with your beer drinkers description. Most of the beers I have enjoyed rate very low on the BORG list.

I'm just sayin. The majority of beers I like are 100 in the BORG polls !! :acclaim:

I'm just sayin. The majority of beers I like are 100 in the BORG polls !! :acclaim:

I lived for 9 years in Kalamazoo, MI and the Bell's Brewery is there. They have some very good seasonal brews. The Oberon is one of my favorites, but they have a few others that are pretty great. Recommended, if anyone is in that area.

I lived for 9 years in Kalamazoo, MI and the Bell's Brewery is there. They have some very good seasonal brews. The Oberon is one of my favorites, but they have a few others that are pretty great. Recommended, if anyone is in that area.

I was thinking of taking a road trip up there.

I love everything that Bells makes. What a GREAT Brewery!

(worship)

PICT0099_zps78d0bf69.jpg

Wychcraft on Rate Beer

I use an app for this, I love to taste and rate new beers, Untappd .

I was thinking of taking a road trip up there.

I love everything that Bells makes. What a GREAT Brewery!

(worship)

I moved a few years ago, but I think the beer garden is still there. The place is small inside, but when the weather is nice, sitting out there, drinking a beer was fantastic.

Kraftbrau was pretty close to Bell's, but they closed. They were good, too. I can't complain about my location for university. Ha ha!

:acclaim: I'm overwhelmed by all the feedback my UK pub photos are getting...

5c5855da.jpg

No beer in hand. FAIL!

:o

She was my server, a bird in hand must count for something. (thumbs u

Now, now. For all we know, the beer is in his right hand, and you just can't see it because of the cutiepoo in the way...

Happy Tuesday!!!

Been away from the boards for a bit, so I kicking back, enjoying some ice cold brew and getting caught up on the gouge and happenings from up round here! lol

Home early on a Tuesday and enjoying a Yuengling in my ice cold Iron Man pint glass!

P1080180_zps26d90a89.jpg

I have been enjoying quite a few different ales and been running the gauntlet and trying new ambers-I am looking forward to getting some more pics shortly!

G O O D T I M E S !!!!!!

1655256-banana2.gifChris

I get the craving for Lambic once in a while. Its usually after I go through the sour beer stage :)

Anybody crackin an interesting brew on this holiday weekend ?