• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tales of Suspense 39

39 posts in this topic

Picked this up today. Was thinking it was a GOOD but interested to hear others thoughts. Things that the scan may not show. Top staple is pulled through, bottom staple is hanging on. Water stain on back does not appear to go thru. Bottom left of center of the front cover has a tear that swings out, you can see it too well but is about 1/2 inch triangle. Pages are tan. Thoughts and any current idea on value would really be appreciated. Doing the happy dance?!!

tos39001.jpg

tos39back001.jpg

Nah I don't see this book as a 1.8.

15% or so of the BC is missing and it looks like water caused the loss.

I think it's a 1.5 at best...

It sure is in that neck o the woods. (thumbs u

I need to get a better phone cus it sure looks nicer than that on here!

15% of the bc is missing? There's the chunk in the corner and the little chunk on the top edge I can see here, more than that is missing? ???

The part along the edge is missing? It just looks like a stain on my phone. Is that whole part along the edge actually missing?

Edit-alright, I had to get on my computer to see it. I don't think that 15% of the back cover is missing. Unless my eyes have gone to mess, that's just a stain along the edge but none of it is missing except for the chunk in the corner and that little chink along the top edge? That's like 3% of the BC missing unless I'm crazy. Can the op clarify what's going on with the BC?

Grading from a phone is probably not the best. doh!

I'm on my computer now and I don't see where 15% of the back cover is missing??? I think you guys are wrong and that's just a stain along the edge unless I'm crazy. Those two little chunks are maybe 3-5% missing but nowhere near 15%. I don't know what you guys are seeing to say that doh!

Who said 15% of the back is missing? With the detached top staple,major water stains,and missing pieces.I can't see this getting any higher than 1.8

Oops! Didn't see CC made that comment.

Columbia said 15% or so of the Bc is missing from water damage and you quoted him and thumbs upped him so I assumed you were agreeing with that. To me, that's looking like a 2.0ish book (shrug)

I'm not trying to get on your mess list here, i was just trying to figure out what you guys(although apparently just CC) were saying about the back cover :foryou:

It is absolutely NOT 15% of the back cover missing. It is maybe 3% as mentioned. The two small spots at the top and a smaller piece at the lower right corner. The spine is very very slightly rolled. The water stain makes it appear the edge is missing but it is not I assure you. look closer. I had an xmen 1 that was 1.8 and this book is much better than that one was which is why I was leaning to 2.0 but I surmise that 1.8 is probably more fair.

I was going to put this up for sale but was thinking around 1K.

Ok maybe I was wrong about the 15% being missing. When I looked at the BC, it looked like the whole left side was missing into the book by about an inch or two. If that's a water stain, then that's one hell of a water stain.

I thought the whiter paper was microchamber paper and it was bigger than that BC. If the only two pieces that are missing are along the top, then its in better shape than I thought but I still think 1.5 is the grade and 1.8 would be a gift.

But hey, you never know...could come back a 2.5! :lol:

I've had numerous 1.8s, especially lately, and I can tell you that they all looked better than this book. So I'm not sure. I would be hesitant to sell it as a 2.0 only to have someone submit it and it come back lower.

Easiest thing is to have it graded...we can do a contest. I'll supply a prize!

No I really have no problem calling it a 1.8 if necessary.

It cost me .25, I am good.

You bought that yesterday for 25 cents?!? :o

If thats true, thats one of the all time great scores!!! (worship)

Hey, like i said, i suck at lower grades but that looks better to me than most 1.5's ive ever seen. Maybe its just because most of the problems are on the back cover?

We should do a contest. CC can put up a book if its a 1.5, Oak if its a 1.8 and me if its a 2.0. Whose ever guess is right, wins the other 2 books hm

Hey, like i said, i suck at lower grades but that looks better to me than most 1.5's ive ever seen. Maybe its just because most of the problems are on the back cover?

We should do a contest. CC can put up a book if its a 1.5, Oak if its a 1.8 and me if its a 2.0. Whose ever guess is right, wins the other 2 books hm

I'm good with that...but someone has to pay to have it graded.

I'm good with that...but someone has to pay to have it graded.

Yeah, moonlite! :baiting:

lol

I'm waiting for him to post back that he really got that for 25 cents yesterday! If thats true, that is freaking amazing! How the hell could that book be sitting in a quarter box?!?

Actually, i guess it could have been a garage sale but either one, thats an incredible find (worship)