• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you resubmit a CGC 9.4 comic?

8 posts in this topic

Just want to get a general idea from board members about whether they would resubmit a silver or bronze comic of strong market value(lets say 500 and up) if you believed it had a shot at a higher grade.

1. Is this too big a risk to take, since a little bit of damage such as when removing it from the slab or during shipping can drop the grade, or if the book had initially received 9.4 form two graders and a 9.2 from the other one may now receive two 9.2s and one 9.4.

2. Under what situation would you take the risk?

Immediately after my bank informs me that Steve Borock has cashed my check for $1000 and I have chuckled to his cryptic but grateful voicemail thank you call!! And by the way, your scenario is baded on a false premise: my book is a 9.6, not a 9.4..... Right Stevie baby????

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Immediately after my bank informs me that Steve Borock has cashed my check for $1000 and I have chuckled to his cryptic but grateful voicemail thank you call!! And by the way, your scenario is baded on a false premise: my book is a 9.6, not a 9.4..... Right Stevie baby????

hey, who else here is unsatisfied with the 'lol' graemlin besided me?

(and where does that word come from??)

When I type 'lol' its to make the reader aware that I made a joke, to take what I say lightly. but to this graemlin generator, it comes out as that grinning hyena icon. And when I 'read' that icon in others' posts, it reads like a sarcastic "yer an acschole" laugh, head cocked back roaring with laughter.

anyone else want a simply "chuckling" 27_laughing.gif icon??

Or am just to (sniff) sensitive??

When I type 'lol' its to make the reader aware that I made a joke, to take what I say lightly. but to this graemlin generator, it comes out as that grinning hyena icon. And when I 'read' that icon in others' posts, it reads like a sarcastic "yer an acschole" laugh, head cocked back roaring with laughter.

anyone else want a simply "chuckling" 27_laughing.gif icon??

Or am just to (sniff) sensitive??

What about this grin.gif graemlin? Much friendlier.

still looks a little evil, dont ya think?

im thinking its MY interpretation of when to say l o l thats out of sync...

"laugh out loud" implies just what that icon illustrates....

so maybe I should just smile.gif and bear it! wink.gif

Yes... it does seem to be a mocking, derisive laugh out loud, doesn't it?

Maybe that's why I like it so much 27_laughing.gif

Kinda reminds me of Robert DeNiro in the remake of Cape Fear... the over-the- top, manic laughter in the movie thaeter. cloud9.gifcloud9.gif