• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pheonix Comic Con 2012 Day 1

6 posts in this topic

I must be getting old...

Today was preview night so the doors didnt even open til 4pm. I spent four hours cruising the Con before heading home but my back is already feeling it! I still have 3 more days to go then one day rest before driving back to Disneyland for the second time this year. I am, and will be sore, but Im also blessed for the opportunity.

Its funny, as I was looking through boxes of high grade comics I would see a lady in white cover and think, hmmm..i wonder if mirclemet has that issue? Then I'd see a bunch of checkerboard issues and think, I wonder if LeeK has those? Its nice to have fellow collectors to share this hobby with.

I managed to pick up up a few Avengers reading copies today...56, 57, and 58, but not much else. I was tempted to buy a Good copy of TOS 57, first Hawkeye, for $50 but I passed.

I was going to bring a couple Xmen books for George Perez to sign but I didn't think he would be signing today. My bad, he was there signing, but he said he would be there signing every day so no biggie, I will catch him tomorrow.

Hope to find another high grade Xmen appearance too so I can submit with the other six I want to bring in...going fast track this time around with everything. Can't deal with the 100 day turnaround for this bunch.

Stopped by and talked with my good friend Frank from Aspen. It was nice to catch up with him a little bit. Met some really nice LCS owners there as well so I will have to stop by their stores at some point in the next few months to say hi and check out their inventory.

Looking forward to tomorrow...browsing more comic boxes and getting my signatures!

Til next time...

11394.jpg

See more journals by surfer99

Thanks Lee K. Hope you have a chance to get away at some point. If there is a particular hard to find book you're looking for just let me know and I'll keep an eye out for it.

sounds like it'll be a good show... i'll be leaving LA at 3am and making the drive out there so I can be there tomorrow when the doors open... hoping to get some sketchwork done and some signatures to submit to CGC! can't wait to get back to my old stomping grounds, GO SUN DEVILS! haha....

Nice! This is the first time I've been to Phoenix Con and I've really had a good time. Lots of people there today compared to yesterday, lots of costumes too...steampunk and walking dead being the most prevalent. I imagine Sat will be even busier. Lots of advertising on the news tonight.

I'm sure you'll find at least a few books that'll interest you. Maybe I'll see you there...I'll look for the guy with the lpersky name tag, lol. Since I spent most of today and yesterday looking at comics, my plan is to spend most of tomorrow just walking the floor with my wife and two boys. Just wish there were better panels like at some of the bigger shows cause my wife loves those. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a good time. Good luck and happy hunting!

Sounds like you had a blast. I am looking forward to my con coming up this weekend. I might make the jump and try to get an Amazing Fantasy #15. I will be happy with a .5 copy. Then I get to meet Stan Lee. I am so looking forward to this show.